The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Message to Tom Wotherspoon- Tell Eddie to get to f!!k. Today I watched Jim lister shout over to our manager to "fu@@ing play 2 up front" whilst standing up front on his own. After he told him a 4th time with only 10 minutes to go eventually prunty got sent on. Then, and only then, did we have our 1 and only effort at goal, all because we had 2 up front. When is everybody going to listen. NONE OF THE PLAYERS RESPECT EWB OR WANT TO PLAY FOR HIM. It's turned into a complete and utter farce and maybe now people will notice what a few of us have told everybody from day 1. Where are all the Eddie lovers now after today.

Agreed. I was prepared to give him a chance but he's blown it big time. I only hope Wotherspoon is of the same opinion.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Jim lister should shut his mouth he's a player not a manager. If he wants to dictate tactics then he can apply for a job as a coach. Can't stand players with Barry Ferguson syndrome that undermine managers and think they should be listened to.

so u think the managers tactics were spot on then? Felt ridiculously sorry for lister yesterday standing at halfway line and the rest of the team on the 18 yard line miles away from him. Tell us how we have any chance of scoring with these tactics. 1 striker v 3 or 4 defenders. 89minutes of a home game and no attempts/efforts at goal and lo and behold we throw on another striker with minutes to go and we have 1, yes 1 effort on goal in 90 minutes. £16 to watch us defend , 1 effort at goal, manager hiding in dugout cos he doesn't know what to say or do. Think EVERYBODY will agree, lister told him what EVERYBODY in the stand was thinking.

I didn't want him in the first place but I'm prepared to give him a chance and he hasn't had that yet as he's not got his own side. It doesn't look great so far but would we have been any different under Bollan? (who I'd have kept)

Regardless of whether it's his team or not, his tactics are terrible. The players we have are of limited ability and he plays a system that just doesn't suit. The we play is more suited to 4-4-2 in my opinion, yet he persists with the 4-1-4-1 nonsense. We play a 5 man midfield but we just bypass it all the time and don't make use of the wide players. How many times yesterday did Lister win a flick on, but there was nobody to run onto the ball? That's where we need the extra striker.

Regardless of whether it's his team or not, his tactics are terrible. The players we have are of limited ability and he plays a system that just doesn't suit. The we play is more suited to 4-4-2 in my opinion, yet he persists with the 4-1-3-1 nonsense. We play a 5 man midfield but we just bypass it all the time and don't make use of the wide players. How many times yesterday did Lister win a flick on, but there was nobody to run onto the ball? That's where we need the extra striker.

No wonder the team's in rut when EWB's starting the matches with 10 men!

And Jim lister should shut his mouth he's a player not a manager. If he wants to dictate tactics then he can apply for a job as a coach. Can't stand players with Barry Ferguson syndrome that undermine managers and think they should be listened to.

Fucking hell least lister knows a bit a fucking sense hes been in the game longer than EWB ya fud

The Stranraer coaches didn't have a good word to say about EWB last week, and I believe that in the Scottish coaching fraternity he has been nicknamed David Icke.

Scott Booth Number 2, but this one is here to stay for the next two and a half years (and probably beyond).

The Stranraer coaches didn't have a good word to say about EWB last week, and I believe that in the Scottish coaching fraternity he has been nicknamed David Icke.

Scott Booth Number 2, but this one is here to stay for the next two and a half years (and probably beyond).

But, but, but, the man who "recommended" Shitsky to pumpkinheid says EWB is a genius. ????

Shit, we're in trouble ????

Is that what the team are to do sit and don't disagree with Eddie. Lister is only being honest the club doesn't need yes men, it didn't help Jimmy boyle And wont help Eddie .

Heard today that Piero who is coaching the under 15s was lured away from Celtic on the basis that the club would put him through his UEFA A-licence. Now that he's in the door, that has apparently now been withdrawn.

Piero was a coach at Celtic ladies

Archived