The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

An utterly scandalous decision to cast aside our best midfielder AND top scorer. Even if he has signed a pre - contract for someone - who gives a f**k? He's one of our best players and the team is stronger with him in it hence why he should be starting every week. It's not as if the boy from Rangers is going to be here next season either.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the sounds of things he should be a good addition for Brechin. Can he play on the wing or just central?

He can play on the wing but I wouldn't recommend it tbh, good player in the middle of the park though, passing can be a bit wayward at times but makes up for it with workrate.

Hahaha! Heard this was because Watt had the temerity to talk to another club regarding a contract as he'd three months left on his and hadn't been offered anything.

So, we've lost probably our best player of the season (perhaps with the exception of Cox) - homegrown too - to bring in a Rangers loanee for 28 days?

I know who I'll be voting for PotY and I really hope EWB has to hand the trophy over to him.

Given that O'Neill, Watt, and even Cadden for a few games, have all been dropped recently I'm guessing, now that Watt has been dramatically sideshifted, we are seeing the long game develop.

Watt is/was, by far, our best player. No fucking way do we ditch him like this unless he's exercising his right to look for employment elsewhere next season. Has Watt rejected a f/t offer for next year and signed elsewhere, hence today's news, and if so, is similar happening with O'Neill and Cadden?

Now I'm pissed off at the way we've thrown so many points away recently by cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Think the writing has been on the wall for all those put on the bench when the new boys arrived from motherwell who in all honesty have added nothing to the squad. What I don't get is why say you are all about developing youth whilst at the same time loaning out and benching your own youth players to accommodate mediocre loan singings from other youth systems?

I am quite happy with the majority of the work the new regime are doing behind the scenes but the manager is still failing to impress and some of the other decision that have been made are utterly baffling.

An utterly scandalous decision to cast aside our best midfielder AND top scorer. Even if he has signed a pre - contract for someone - who gives a f**k? He's one of our best players and the team is stronger with him in it hence why he should be starting every week. It's not as if the boy from Rangers is going to be here next season either.

Agreed. Yes, his game had dropped somewhat and he deserved to be left out the team but he showed on Saturday what he is capable of. And now this? I'd rather have one of our own in the team than an 'emergency'??? loan signing from Rangers.

There's more to this than meets the eye. I would like to know what the thinking is behind this decision and who made it. Was it EWB or did the directive come from above? If EWB took the decision, obviously it would have to be sanctioned by Wotherspoon so either way he's involved.

Think the writing has been on the wall for all those put on the bench when the new boys arrived from motherwell who in all honesty have added nothing to the squad. What I don't get is why say you are all about developing youth whilst at the same time loaning out and benching your own youth players to accommodate mediocre loan singings from other youth systems?

I am quite happy with the majority of the work the new regime are doing behind the scenes but the manager is still failing to impress and some of the other decision that have been made are utterly baffling.

Dont be surprised if anyone newish on here isnt a disinfo merchant.

Given the tone of the chairman's interview a few weeks ago I wouldnt be shocked .

Any newbies on here recently who make less sense than me?

Bit of a surprise, that one. Whether it's a poor decision or a good one is something we won't know until it all plays out, of course, but it's not one I would have done if I was in charge.
I like Watt. He's a limited player, and quite one-footed, but one of our better players this season, and I was one of those defending him when he was booed and bullied by our own fans after a bad performance a few weeks ago.
Just hope this lad from Rangers gets off to a good start...

Poet of the Macabre one player is on loan from Rangers to Airdrie is it sour grapes because we beat Dumferline. I don't know the thinking of the club sending out one of our best performers on loan, is it possibly to do with one of the previous posters stating he has signed pre contract with Livingston and deciding then he has no future at the club with immediate affect. I wish Liam all the best, if he has signed for livingston i think the club have made mistake on not already having him signed up full time for next season.

I don't mind players coming in from other clubs if they'll make our team better - which hopefully Thompson will. Signing better players is what the club should be doing. What's nuts about this decision is that we've let our best midfielder go and what makes it worse is there are far worse players in his position who could just as easily have been punted - ie. how the f**k is Adam Brown worthy of a place in the team over Watt?

Archived