The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Can't make the meeting tonight, daughters birthday.

Hope the following will be asked:

What roll if any does Mr Love have at the club.

Who will be responsible for recruitment now that E W B is unwell.

Do we have a scouting system.

Are we not being over ambitious trying to fix or put in place things which should come after we have a successful team on the park.

Are we due any money for Liam Watt.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never said the questions shouldn't be asked, by all means they should be taken to task over some of the goings on at the club recently. All I am saying is that no matter what you ask they will spin it make you think you are wrong or that all is well and nothing to see here so move along.

Sorry, and please don't take this as a personal attack, but that attitude sounds like lazy cynicism rather than healthy, informed and robust skepticism.  We need less of the former and more of that latter.

Sorry, and please don't take this as a personal attack, but that attitude sounds like lazy cynicism rather than healthy, informed and robust skepticism.  We need less of the former and more of that latter.

Don't honestly care how it sounds to be honest, hope tonight's meeting proves fruitful for all parties and we can maybe get back to chatting about football

I fortunately can't be there tonight but can I get some questions answered?

1.)    Did Liam Watt get offered a genuine f/t contract for next season?   Because if he did,  why did we drop him to bring in Faria who was going to "help Fitzpatrick".   Why tell us, or to be precise mislead us, that he had been offered a contract?   We all know he wasn't,  if he wasn't good enough to play when we signed Faria,  why was he the only one to get an alleged contract offer?

2.)   If Alan Love means nothing, why did the Chairman interfere by asking the manager to "have a look at Sumsky", as Sumsky is fucking shit and no way Bollan would touch him with a bargepole?  

3.)   Is Faria a "Love" client?    If so, why is it worth lumping us with that sack of shit for a further 2 years?

4.)  Can we stop signing sexual deviants  and unpalatable religious bigots?   We're Airdrie FFS,  start acting like it!

5.)  Despite the above I actually quite like you all but I'm worried that you have clearly written off this season.   How can we trust you to start making good decisions when there has been a rake of them this season?   I could list them but it will take EJF a while to read out...

No changing the words please,  either just read them out as they are or don't read them at all

F*ck sake mate ! I've got a sore throat as it is!

All questions will be read out. I won't be online after the meeting so hope someone else answers before me.

I was at the meeting. Presumably the people who make some of the wilder accusations on here were not because nobody made any actionable statements. The Chairman indicated that none of the players, including Faria and the loan signings were clients of Love. Watt was twice offered a full time deal and refused. He no longer wanted to play with us and was becoming a negative influence in the dressing room.

Next year there will be 16 full time players and 8 apprentices. There will be no part-timers.

I found the chairman a bit aggressive about criticism but extremely believable. He sees the project as starting next season and wishes people would see the big picture. Faria was signed in part because of his coaching qualification.

Overall, I believed him because as he pointed out he has nothing financially to gain at Airdrie. He was critical of the fans for booing the team.

I found the chairman a bit aggressive about criticism but extremely believable.

Me too, especially after the first question was asked regarding players' pasts and he went on a rant about how shite home fans are.

To be honest though I'd much rather a chairman that was straight down the middle than one who gave woolly answers to difficult questions.

On another note I see that Liam Watt is already implying that TW isn't telling the truth about the Watt saga.

1.) Did Liam Watt get offered a genuine f/t contract for next season? Because if he did, why did we drop him to bring in Faria who was going to "help Fitzpatrick". Why tell us, or to be precise mislead us, that he had been offered a contract? We all know he wasn't, if he wasn't good enough to play when we signed Faria, why was he the only one to get an alleged contract offer?

Was made 2 offers, I took it they were in principle rather than actually put in front of him. He didn't want to stay and engineered a move to Brechin on his own. It suited us to get him out the door rather than be a bad influence and he could weaken our opposition clubs.

2.) If Alan Love means nothing, why did the Chairman interfere by asking the manager to "have a look at Sumsky", as Sumsky is fucking shit and no way Bollan would touch him with a bargepole?

Smumsky, Morgan and Mcbride are Love clients. We have none at the club now. He knows him personally and they'd a deal where love employed players in his kitchen factory or something.

3.) Is Faria a "Love" client? If so, why is it worth lumping us with that sack of shit for a further 2 years?

No. We signed him as he is a qualified coach and means we get a player and coach for one wage. He also lives the life and takes care of himself so is more like a Scottish 29-30 year old in relative terms.

4.) Can we stop signing sexual deviants and unpalatable religious bigots? We're Airdrie FFS, start acting like it!

He believes that everyone should be given a second chance and that lithgow has been one of our best players. A few fans seemed to think that this was a non issue despite it being spoken about at length on here and Facebook and protested about it being discussed. Others, out with the person that asked the question, that thought recent signings were a problem never spoke up.

Went on to make a point at length about the fans getting on the back of players too frequently at home and that it is counter productive etc etc.

5.) Despite the above I actually quite like you all but I'm worried that you have clearly written off this season. How can we trust you to start making good decisions when there has been a rake of them this season? I could list them but it will take EJF a while to read out...

3 year plans starts 6 June 2016. We havent written off this season and are still in contention. Personally I didn't find him too convincing on this point as he admitted it would be harder too cope in the league above as they hadn't planned for it.

He denied being too sensitive to criticism and then said that he has disengaged from communicating with fans because of it and doesn't feel that it goes with the territory of being a boss of a club and if it goes with the territory he wouldn't be here.

Said that we don't need to pay big wages to get a good first team squad cited port vales wage structure as an example.

Said that Ravenscraig will have an airdrie badge on side of building. Will have offices, analysis rooms, food provided etc

Me too, especially after the first question was asked regarding players' pasts and he went on a rant about how shite home fans are.

To be honest though I'd much rather a chairman that was straight down the middle than one who gave woolly answers to difficult questions.

On another note I see that Liam Watt is already implying that TW isn't telling the truth about the Watt saga.

Wouldn't say he was aggressive he was clearly wound up by criticism and wanted a chance to vent his spleen. The question gave him an opportunity to do so.

I agree as well- he's a straight up guy, calls a spade a spade and you know where you stand with him. The folk who were predicting "spin" before hand were clearly wide of the mark. I don't think "spin" washes in the logistics industry.

I found TW very genuine tonight but the meeting was needed to clear up the bad press surrounding him. Fair play to the guy, can only spell good news for the club and can't wait to see the Airdrie badge on a multi-million pound sports facility in the heart of Motherwell. 

Hopefully this means the end of the utter pish that is spouted on here on a daily basis.

Now these issues have been put to bed (at length), can we get back to talking about football?

Depends who you believe really, I've yet to see a meet the manager/chairman type event where the person in question doesn't come away looking good, we had Masterton and Yorkston doing one and they came out well, a few months later we're in admin and whatever they've said has been a bare faced lie.

Potter and Jefferies done a couple last year while taking us to 7th, and Stephen Kenny talked a fantastic game while getting us relegated.

The layout of them means that the person getting asked the question comes away looking good. The only other person able to dispute the Watt situation was Watt, if he had been there to dispute it would things have gone so smooth? Not like someone from the audience can stand up and call bullshit on that.

The fact the guy gets so wound up when he's got a few disgruntled voices doesn't exactly bode well, as a the chairman you want someone who can rise above all the nonsense and keep there emotions in check, not someone that appears like they're taking a huff when he hears a few boos.

Will be interesting to see his temperament if things don't go to plan, he seems reminiscent of a few past owners of football clubs who end up chucking it when they get bored, best of luck to Airdrie, maybe this guys different.

Would have loved to have come along last night as it looks like the

Yes seen that as well last night, ex players picking up on Watt's situation and commenting as well, there may well be some truth in what is being said but I presume some of it must be wide of the mark and I think it may well be the claim he wanted 90 mins every week without question.

On a positive note though reading the post on the Trusts twitter feed it seemed like a fairly decent Q&A, nice to hear the owners thoughts on things for a change. Also cheers for whoever at the trust did the twitter feed :thumsup2 much appreciated.

Yes seen that as well last night, ex players picking up on Watt's situation and commenting as well, there may well be some truth in what is being said but I presume some of it must be wide of the mark and I think it may well be the claim he wanted 90 mins every week without question.

Anyone who read my posts over the last while will know I've been a supporter of Watt, through his time in the youths and when being booed on the pitch.

The thing is he's clearly away now, for whatever reason, and it's time to move on. There may well be 2 versions of events and unless anyone here was party to the discussions, or non discussions, we will never know who is correct.

So do we continue to support our team, with the guy who is losing money hand over fist as he tries to get the club up the divisions, or do we keep harking on about a player having left, what agent is bringing players in, moaning about employing guys who made a mistake when they were still boys and thereby drive the same guy to decide he can't be arsed listening to us while he loses cash into leaving.

There have been any number of shysters in the boardroom over the years and a senior club in Airdrie has continued to be around. One day, again, it may not. I'll keep listening to the guy in charge while he's putting his money in, I may not agree with everything he does and I'll say so, but at least give it a chance.

Archived