The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Guest LonglivetheKING

More of a question of when than if by the looks of things.

He was released by Dundee Utd when we got him.

f**k him.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was released by Dundee Utd when we got him.

f**k him.

Why? In a squad of total dross he was one of the few who players who actually pulled their socks up and made an effort and was starting to contribute regularly with goals. By no means Xavi or Pirlo but was a good standard for what need as a club at this moment in time.

Guest LonglivetheKING

Why? In a squad of total dross he was one of the few who players who actually pulled their socks up and made an effort and was starting to contribute regularly with goals. By no means Xavi or Pirlo but was a good standard for what need as a club at this moment in time.

Crying over spilled milk now. He's gone and not coming back. We f**ked up but the time for moping has passed.

Time to move on and look to the future. On Tuesday's showing we have potentially better in the pipeline.

Keep hearing how next year will be great but no confidence these eejits can make any good decisions.

Starting to think this myself, great that they are planning for the future but there won't be a future with the first team level of performance and fans falling away by the week. 8 points of the relegation play offs and to be honest that's where we are most likely heading- a team with no direction and players who are not able to stand up and take a bit of responsibility.

Giving up on this season is criminal. We could not afford to lose more fans. So many bizarre decisions all season.

Playing Morgan over Prunty, playing Faria over W**t... wtf

Said it on the Stomp. I've chucked this season after the Ayr game. 

At least Bollan had the good sense to play Prunty and Lister when both were available. The football we're watching now is absolutely abysmal. They're clearly not playing to the strengths of the (very limited) players we have. It's not good enough.

11 men back at corners? 50 yards between the midfield and the lone striker? Hoofball? 

It'll take some work to sell me another season book.

Said it on the Stomp. I've chucked this season after the Ayr game.

At least Bollan had the good sense to play Prunty and Lister when both were available. The football we're watching now is absolutely abysmal. They're clearly not playing to the strengths of the (very limited) players we have. It's not good enough.

11 men back at corners? 50 yards between the midfield and the lone striker? Hoofball?

It'll take some work to sell me another season book.

I'm on very much the same boat. Value for money is at its lowest watching Airdrie and I can find better ways to spend £16 every few weeks.

At last everybody sees what's going on and there's more to come at end of season. Lister and prunty win games(so why have they hardly started a game together) u would have thought after we beat rovers 2-1 that they would start most games but no no ,people behind the scenes know better(CEO). Baffling lineups, loan signings worse than the players we have(we all know why they're playing) apart from that I've said from day 1, they don't want to try for promotion(thats why watt,prunty,oniell, etc not playing). They want the glory of being fulltime ,youth players, and try and get promotion that way next year on their terms. Unfortunately football in league 1 against experienced pros not that easy as they will find out next year. Absolutely baffling.

At last everybody sees what's going on and there's more to come at end of season. 

Don't think the "at last"  is quite right. Plenty skeptics. 

We're being led by the nose from a new leadership that some like and some don't. 

Too early to say who's right....

Hugo was decent yesterday, but the usual problems with hoofball and just throwing away possession. Fitz was off the pace again, dithering when he had the ball. Lithgow was determined to kill the ball i think.

Esposito can't get a game ahead of the current crop of players which is hardly a ringing endorsement of his ability or next years squad.

I believe the reason he is not starting games is due to getting his match fitness up.

The players i expect us for the first team  are- Ferguson ONeil, Bain, McDonald,lithgow,Gorman, Faria,Cox Stewart, Thomson, Bryne, Cadden. I would expect us to go out and sign another 5 tp 7 players for the first team. I would not be surprised if Grant Adam or Andy Mcneil signs on again for airdrie.

The players i expect us for the first team  are- Ferguson ONeil, Bain, McDonald,lithgow,Gorman, Faria,Cox Stewart, Thomson, Bryne, Cadden. I would expect us to go out and sign another 5 tp 7 players for the first team. I would not be surprised if Grant Adam or Andy Mcneil signs on again for airdrie.

Will Esposito still be getting up to speed then?

That's actually got the looks of a not-bad squad in the making.  Much though I pine for the quality we had when we last won this league, I know we'll not see that again for some time.  A good couple of centre-backs, a creative midfielder and two goalscoring strikers (at least one in the approx. 15 goals a season bracket)  and it could look tasty indeed.

Has anyone hear if Fitzpatrick is likely to stay?  He's one I'd not miss if he leaves 

Archived