Berwick Rangers 2015/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fools.

Cameron now needs to make at least 3 impressive signings in the next week. If not, Brian will have to pay to get shot of him - with some of the payoff coming from his own pocket, since he gave CC a new contract without asking his chums. Allegedly.

I don't think that's true. Perhaps, just perhaps, the club could avoid these potentially damaging rumours by, I don't know, releasing some kind of 'collection of words' which quashes such thoughts and explains the decision to extend his contract and publicly back the man rather than leaving him hung out to dry as he has been for the past month :)

That is true. Whatever we think of his management, or the content on his statement, at least he had the decency to release one in the days after the season.

Well,RRFC obviously saw sense!

A bit like Wenger,BP & Co have rewarded mediocrity in the hope that next season will be 'our year'. Maybe we should hold back Trust and Supporters Club membership,any season ticket renewals and not attend the friendlies unless something happens to lift the club or encourage fans to get interested. The problem will be when we have had enough of a kicking in the cricket,we will be thirsting for a go at SAFC and the zombies from Annan and normal(!) service will be resumed.

That is true. Whatever we think of his management, or the content on his statement, at least he had the decency to release one in the days after the season.

The decency tell us that he had underachieved with the biggest budget that Berwick have had for years!! Yeah top man!! The fact the board haven't come out in support of the manager probably tells a story that there is unrest in there.

How good you are at your job doesn't usually decide whether you are a good person or not in my experience. There are a lot of good people who are shit at their job. I was merely commenting that releasing a statement was the right thing for him to do.

True but if you are shit at your job, on good money for your job, fail to motivate others, fail to attract better players and achieve below expectations then people are right to ask questions. Yeah the right thing to do but did you expect anything less?

If what is being said by Redcar is true and Brian acted without agreement of the rest of the board then I find that extremely worrying. What's the point of having a board if one person is making decisions. Does he now perhaps regret is actions?

True but if you are shit at your job, on good money for your job, fail to motivate others, fail to attract better players and achieve below expectations then people are right to ask questions. Yeah the right thing to do but did you expect anything less?

If what is being said by Redcar is true and Brian acted without agreement of the rest of the board then I find that extremely worrying. What's the point of having a board if one person is making decisions. Does he now perhaps regret is actions?

Just trawled back through pages of P&B posts to find where I got that from. And I can't find it!

Perhaps I dreamed it, so to be fair to Brian, I'd best withdraw it. If it turns out to be true though, you heard it here first.

Just trawled back through pages of P&B posts to find where I got that from. And I can't find it!

Perhaps I dreamed it, so to be fair to Brian, I'd best withdraw it. If it turns out to be true though, you heard it here first.

I would agree that giving Cameron another season was a pish decision. I heard that it was the chairman that gave him the new contract and later announced it to the board during any other business at the agm.

No prizes for guessing who's knee Cameron has been sitting on!!

I don't know where we go from here apart from giving a big THANK YOU to Montrose for saving us from the hangman's noose. :(

Pugsleys post from page 2 of the conundrum thread dated 18th April.

I would agree that giving Cameron another season was a pish decision. I heard that it was the chairman that gave him the new contract and later announced it to the board during any other business at the agm.

No prizes for guessing who's knee Cameron has been sitting on!!

I don't know where we go from here apart from giving a big THANK YOU to Montrose for saving us from the hangman's noose. :(

Pugsleys post from page 2 of the conundrum thread dated 18th April.

You heard it first there, then.

Thanks for that. Thought dementia was setting in.

You heard it first there, then.

Thanks for that. Thought dementia was setting in.

You heard it first there then.

Thanks for that - thought dementia was setting in.

If this 'statement' business goes on any longer it's going to be pointless even releasing one at all cos it's going to be nearer pre-season than the season just gone!

With all the question marks surrounding CC from fans, a statement in the week after the season would've brought maybe some understanding to the contract situation and although most wouldn't agree, there'd maybe be a sense of 'well, I can see where he's coming from'.

But now, that time has almost - if not already - gone. With not acting quickly, regardless of its content (if we get it), the opinion is 'it's taken that long for it to come, so he mustn't have faith in CC'. What could've been spun into a positive going ahead into next season is now a no-win situation and they've only got themselves to blame.

Archived