West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

Lazyjack, surprised at this quote, Meadow have without doubt one of the best set ups in the west and as a player that would have been top of my list over money. I'm sure you will still be able to attract the best young talent around once they see the set up even if the greedy seasoned juniors don't fancy it for £10 less a week!!

All comes down to how well your manager sells the club

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabi that was more true when boys worked for the police and banks. I know many players who are effectively tied to their clubs because of money and in some cases a combination of money and the manager having arranged work for them. It's hard to be choosy when you have no job skills. I don't blame the boys but know some of them would like a wee change but simply can't afford it. What is more worrying is the amount of money finding it's way into the game from entrepreneurs in the local narcotics industry - although I'm sure the financial crime team at Pitt Street have that one covered.

Wishaw's Rory McGuiness on his way to Pollok. Came off the bench against the lok and he must have impressed.

What position does he play? If the guy can't get his game for Wishaw then surely he wont get his game for Pollok.

Fabi that was more true when boys worked for the police and banks. I know many players who are effectively tied to their clubs because of money and in some cases a combination of money and the manager having arranged work for them. It's hard to be choosy when you have no job skills. I don't blame the boys but know some of them would like a wee change but simply can't afford it. What is more worrying is the amount of money finding it's way into the game from entrepreneurs in the local narcotics industry - although I'm sure the financial crime team at Pitt Street have that one covered.

Fair enough but they should still be able to attract the cream of Ayrshire's under 21s and also the best of the lower league Ayrshire teams.

Experienced/past it centre half/sweeper/left back/sub looking for looking for a west team next season. Can't run anymore and got as much outfield ability as JC the goaly but makes a great soup for the boys for after training and one of the best at finding balls kick out of the park.... Anyone interested let me know!! :)

That's the problem, costs us a fortune with wild shots from 30 yards which fly in front of the 2.27 Glasgow Central to London Euston.

Peter a solution would be to free Ballantyne, would save you at least 20 balls a season!! :D :D

Nah, the opposite actually, an all-inclusive cruise at the weekend. I'll be doing an RRG-esque disappearing act for a week, you can speculate about our players to your heart's content without me getting my precious pants on. ;-) (I'll still know what's going on, though. ;-) )

Here's a wee tip that might save you doing any plank-walking,glens....crazy though it may seem,there's a very real possibility that your fellow passengers might begin to become mutinous restless after being regaled,on an hourly basis,with tales from the Super Division One...so just give them a brief recap of your season,then leave the subject alone,bud. ;)

Oh,and if you happen to see a passing albatross,ffs don't be throwing anything at it ! :huh:

Enjoy ! :)

Here's a wee tip that might save you doing any plank-walking,glens....crazy though it may seem,there's a very real possibility that your fellow passengers might begin to become mutinous restless after being regaled,on an hourly basis,with tales from the Super Division One...so just give them a brief recap of your season,then leave the subject alone,bud. ;)

Oh,and if you happen to see a passing albatross,ffs don't be throwing anything at it ! :huh:

Enjoy ! :)

Lol. :thumsup2

Paul Stewart has left Arthurlie

He actually left a while ago but came back to help us through a player crisis. Its been known for a long time that Tiny couldn't make training and games because of work. A real shame as hes a top player on his game.

Paul Stewart has left Arthurlie

Good striker, heard he is going to a super first side, would score a lot in that division.

Addrossan it cld be troops.

Anyway boyzeez ma sources huv been oan the job aw day fur me n a can 99.9% assure yees......................................................... Glens mad knocked back a contract wi slimmin world lol

Some real stuff fur yees is Shaun Fraser tae Pollok n Espilin n McNeil tae Cumnock n peasy signin 2 fae Shotts.

Last wan is Gav Ross is off tae the shire or Ashfield.

Back tae the Wallace fur a few mare shandys fur me.

Archived