Let's not let Cameron out manoeuvre us

Many people in Scotland will be looking to how our 56 MPs perform. Many will be SNP supporters/voters for whom politic watching isn't a major pastime, so the early weeks may be critical. If we don't start on the front foot in attacking Tory policies many voters may disengage.

To this end it could be argued that the Tories are being clever by highlighting issues early on that they know the SNP will oppose but that will not cause a major blip on the mindset of the 'ordinary voter'.

I'll highlight three that have already been discussed in detail on here; trade union reform, withdrawal from the ECHR and refusal to agree to EU migrant settlement quotas.

Whilst the posters on here may be politically interested, I would suggest many Scottish voters aren't particularly bothered about the first, are (worryingly) indifferent to the second, and possibly agree with Theresa May on the third.

To that end the early SNP Westminster battles may be on issues that folk aren't to bothered about. What perception will that leave?

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't take issue on these matters, just be sure that we aren't letting the Tories set the agenda and are highlighting the core issues that got 56 SNP MPs elected.

Many people in Scotland will be looking to how our 56 MPs perform. Many will be SNP supporters/voters for whom politic watching isn't a major pastime, so the early weeks may be critical. If we don't start on the front foot in attacking Tory policies many voters may disengage.

To this end it could be argued that the Tories are being clever by highlighting issues early on that they know the SNP will oppose but that will not cause a major blip on the mindset of the 'ordinary voter'.

I'll highlight three that have already been discussed in detail on here; trade union reform, withdrawal from the ECHR and refusal to agree to EU migrant settlement quotas.

Whilst the posters on here may be politically interested, I would suggest many Scottish voters aren't particularly bothered about the first, are (worryingly) indifferent to the second, and possibly agree with Theresa May on the third.

To that end the early SNP Westminster battles may be on issues that folk aren't to bothered about. What perception will that leave?

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't take issue on these matters, just be sure that we aren't letting the Tories set the agenda and are highlighting the core issues that got 56 SNP MPs elected.

Cameron meets sturgeon tomorrow to discuss extra powers for scotland,not directly connected to the points in your post but the outcome could be just as important.

Cameron meets sturgeon tomorrow to discuss extra powers for scotland,not directly connected to the points in your post but the outcome could be just as important.

Will be interesting to see if he's going to be sensible or if he's going to try and play games.

^ this... any pish from cameron wont be tolerated

Anyone see the appointment of deputy Scotland minister?

The guy that was responsible for the poll tax has been made a peer purely to do it :lol:

I would count that as "pish" from Cameron

The guy that was responsible for the poll tax has been made a peer purely to do it :lol:

Apparently Cameron is coming to Scotland tomorrow. He has been Summoned to Nics Office tae be telt

Cameron is a very smooth operator .

It'll be interesting to hear how todays metting between Cameron and Sturgeon goes. Lots of talk about powers, no doubt.

I bet Cameron joins the SNP after today's meeting.

She's THAT good.

It'll be interesting to hear how todays metting between Cameron and Sturgeon goes. Lots of talk about powers, no doubt.

Sturgeon has her "shopping list"of what she is wanting(demanding)above what was agreed at the smith comission,i expect today will be like a game of "call my bluff" between the 2 of them.

Sturgeon has her "shopping list"of what she is wanting(demanding)above what was agreed at the smith comission,i expect today will be like a game of "call my bluff" between the 2 of them.

Fully backed by a record breaking Scottish electorate, son.

I really do hope that she gets everything AND maintains the union.

I wonder if she'll ask for % of the recently revealed South East oil field :)

Just tell them he can keep all of it if we can keep all ours.

That would be great.

Archived