Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. The Scottish government were so convinced of his guilt that they forced him to drop his appeal in order to have him freed

Personally I find it more likely that the Scottish govt knew the case was unsound, but could get away with releasing him in this way more easily, without the embarrassment of the appeal.

Speaking to an SNP MSP who laughed off the idea of voting Green on the list. From their reaction I'd say publicly and privately they want SNP/SNP.

They'll just have to settle for that in some places tbh.

The SNP will likely win all the Glasgow constituencies and will be no where on the list. I'd rather lend my support to the greens to try and stop labour getting more of a foothold.

One of the Borders/South of Scotland seats with let the side down too, and possibly some of the poshos in Edinburgh/Aberdeenshire too.

The two Dumfries seats will be SNP. Had the Westminster constituency boundaries been the same as the Holyrood, then the Dumfriesshire seat at Westminster would have went to Emma Harper (SNP) and not Mundell.

While it may have been a great idea for you to have slept through the whole of the general election campaign my little Unionist friend, I'm going to assume you didn't. Therefore you will be wholly aware that tactical voting is the 'in thing' with some high profile former MP's actively pleading for opposition support. Any talk of SNP voters lending their vote to the Green Party on the List in some of the numbers suggested previously on this thread is just not going to happen.

I will be voting SNP/Green next year. Will be the first time since I could vote SNP that I have not given every vote to them. Mind you we are talking 9 months away so lots could change by then

He killed way more people than anyone ever has on Scottish soil. Treating him as a normal criminal is a frankly bizarre stance to take.

The guy that just admitted to killing Karen Buckley will serve more time than the Lockerbie bomber did. Bit unfair to the victims of Lockerbie that 270 combined lives are deemed to be worth less than that of a single murder victim in Glasgow.

Im not really convinced he killed anyone Mr Bairn. Fall guy I reckon. Just my opinion although some of victims families have same

No. It's only if you're an idiot. Responses are designed purely for bites; there isn't even the semblance of consistency of the more obvious unionist troll accounts. The smarter on the forum have learned otherwise.

Im not really convinced he killed anyone Mr Bairn. Fall guy I reckon. Just my opinion although some of victims families have same

To be honest I haven't read the case but given that he was convicted in a Scottish court and this conviction was not overturned, I'm assuming his guilt. I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about this particular case because it was the worst mass murder in Scottish history and no one, least of all the SNP, seems to care about it.

Perhaps we should have a new enquiry?

To be honest I haven't read the case but given that he was convicted in a Scottish court and this conviction was not overturned, I'm assuming his guilt. I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about this particular case because it was the worst mass murder in Scottish history and no one, least of all the SNP, seems to care about it.

Perhaps we should have a new enquiry?

Assuming his guilt, then you are looking at state sponsored terrorism of which he was only the sharp end of, you are talking a conspiracy of dozens to get the job done, we put the guy away, in order to prevent him doing it again (not sure he was a compulsive plane exploder anyway) then he died of terminal cancer. That's the long and short of that. If it makes you feel any better it's not that long since we bombed the f**k out of Libya for unconnected reasons, but hey, eye for an eye and all that.

So here is my thinking. We know the SNP will walk this election, but I am none too pleased at the thought of them governing without a credible opposition to hold them to account. Let's be frank: the SNP have not been spectacular on health, education or policing.

SO who should I vote for? Never a Tory, I think they might be better opponents than Labour, especially if Dugdale gets in, so might lend them a vote. Lib Dems or Greens a possibility....just thinking.

So here is my thinking. We know the SNP will walk this election, but I am none too pleased at the thought of them governing without a credible opposition to hold them to account. Let's be frank: the SNP have not been spectacular on health, education or policing.

SO who should I vote for? Never a Tory, I think they might be better opponents than Labour, especially if Dugdale gets in, so might lend them a vote. Lib Dems or Greens a possibility....just thinking.

Let's be frank: Scottish Labour would have you think that the SNP have not been spectacular on health, education or policing.

Have a guess where the best performing NHS in the UK is?

I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, but the SNP have been a very good Government, on the whole.

You can rule out both Labour and the Lib Dems: neither have anything close to a coherent platform nor the scruples to follow it.

You can reasonably expect the Tories to carry out any part of their program that directly benefits the upper-middle-class and beyond. Of course if your problems with the SNP are crime, education and the health service, you probably don't want to vote for a party that has a massively worse, deliberately evil record in all three.

The SSP will be lucky to get any list seats at all. Of course they do need the support. The various splinter groups lack even that, especially Sheridan's current vanity project.

That pretty much leaves the Greens as a practical opposition on a policy basis.

You can rule out both Labour and the Lib Dems: neither have anything close to a coherent platform nor the scruples to follow it.

You can reasonably expect the Tories to carry out any part of their program that directly benefits the upper-middle-class and beyond. Of course if your problems with the SNP are crime, education and the health service, you probably don't want to vote for a party that has a massively worse, deliberately evil record in all three.

The SSP will be lucky to get any list seats at all. Of course they do need the support. The various splinter groups lack even that, especially Sheridan's current vanity project.

That pretty much leaves the Greens as a practical opposition on a policy basis.

Pretty good summing up.

In short, SNP and Green is a good way to vote next year.

Let's be frank: Scottish Labour would have you think that the SNP have not been spectacular on health, education or policing.

Have a guess where the best performing NHS in the UK is?

I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, but the SNP have been a very good Government, on the whole.

Our nhs should be the best,disagree with more and more money being spent on private care but as long as people get good care with it then so be it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/health/number-nhs-patients-sent-private-6242541

Archived