The Montrose Thread

tbf, Templeman only need to tick off Arbroath to join the pantheon of players who've played for all 4 Angus clubs. Surely a tempting opportunity?

Saving the biggest Angus team till last :-)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep great news for us. The squad is shaping up nicely for next term.

Two more wins I think will make absolutely certain of safety, although poor Shire look to be in a flat spin at this stage, and very unlikely to recover. If we win all our remaining games, we will have 55 points, not quite enough for a play oiff spot which looks beyoind us now.

I will personally be happy finishing 6th or 7th which will be a fair reflection of 2015/16. Leabing aside the appalling run of form from Hallowe'en to the ninth of Janaury, it has been a good, solid performance from us this term, with massive developments off the park, the deal to buy back the ground having been signed. That loss to Lothian in the cup really rocked us in ways that weren't immediately apparent at the time. The come-back win against Shire in January was the most vital of the season.

The minimum aim this year was to avoid another play off nightmare, improve performances, and the squad, and continue to consolidate the club's finances and future. Decent progress has been made towards all three aims this season and it is possible to look forward to next term with a lot of optimism, for the first time in years. Crowds and interest in the club have improved markedly as well.

Because of work, I haven't seen as much as I would have liked of this campaign, but I hope to try to make many more games next season. Finally, for the first time in years, it will be great to approach a season with something more than empty optimism dispelled by mid-October. With the work that's being done on and off the park I think we wil have a right good chance of mounting a promotion campaign next time out. It's long overdue.

Great fighting spirit yesterday. The team has pushed on and seem to have got back on track since the 7 nil gubbing from Stirling . This ugly they worked hard yesterday and could have scored a few. When you look at the game for the 90 mins a draw was a fair result. Great that the management are now securing the players for next year.

Just wondered if he will look to get any of the loan players back next year and who should we look to get on loan again

Agree would like to see Millar here again and it might be good for him to star in a genuine promotion push but suspect St J will want him playing at a higher level.

Any news about Fraser re-signing yet or have I missed it?

Whatever happens now this season I think H & H have done a great job.

Agree would like to see Millar here again and it might be good for him to star in a genuine promotion push but suspect St J will want him playing at a higher level.

Any news about Fraser re-signing yet or have I missed it?

Whatever happens now this season I think H & H have done a great job.

As far as I know, there's no new deal yet for Fraser. Was speaking to someone last night who says there's strong interest in him from Arbroath, but I don't know if they have made him an offer yet.

As far as I know, there's no new deal yet for Fraser. Was speaking to someone last night who says there's strong interest in him from Arbroath, but I don't know if they have made him an offer yet.

Other teams interested, namely Elgin and Brechin apparently.

Need to make sure Fraser signs for us. If he goes to any of the other clubs mentioned above that's not progress for him and does nothing for our status and ambitions. By keeping the spine of our present team particularly Steeves at the back we simply must have a focal point up front and it would not be easy replacing Fraser. Templeman has done well but needs Fraser up alongside him to run riot whilst defenders cope with the big lad. The goalie situation is vital as well because if Millar goes the present keeper on the bench has a lot to do to convince me he will make the grade. He's let some soft goals in. Anyway, think positive, as I say H & H have done well so far.

I believe the club are negotiating with him and no doubt there will be news in due course. Certainly was aware that Elgin were interested. Given we signed him from Jeanfield Swifts, I am sure Jim Weir knows all about him from Perth.

There has been no "refusal to sign" that i am aware of. The player is entitled to keep his options open but I am hopeful there will be a positive outcome.

I believe the club are negotiating with him and no doubt there will be news in due course. Certainly was aware that Elgin were interested. Given we signed him from Jeanfield Swifts, I am sure Jim Weir knows all about him from Perth.

There has been no "refusal to sign" that i am aware of. The player is entitled to keep his options open but I am hopeful there will be a positive outcome.

Fingers crossed he has been a great signing so far long may it continue.

Good article on the club website by Paul Hegarty about Paul Watson and Ross McCord. I don't get to all home games but don't miss many away games and can confirm both those lads are at every game even though out long term injured. Paul Watson particularly enjoys letting fly at everything and everybody from the stands. I tghought he was going to end up on the pitch at Shire the other week! Must be satisfaction personified for him to be able to let fly at a referee without getting booked - one of these days the Ref is gonna come up into the stand and yellow card him. Both Paul and Pingu are good for our club as Paul Hegarty says. Really hope a deal can be done with Gary Fraser as he also plays a great part in this now close knit squad.Quick word for young McWalter as well, if he carries on with his full commitment style he will be a good signing at RB.

Just a wee reminder to everyone that tonight is the supporters club quiz at the legion. There is still places available with the price at £10 for a team. Also play your cards right mini game, raffle n stovies. Then of course legion prices for drink. Please come along and join in starting time is 19.30

MFCSC 70th year supporting the Mo

A great night had by all I hope. It was a real good night with a lot of Dynamo end banter flowing. Really must thank all that joined in the quiz without all your help we wouldn't be able to be assist the supporters and the club, hopefully for another 70 years. What is the thought regards is running another one in a few months time could we fill the legion and make the cash prize bigger?

MFCSC 70th year supporting the Mo

Archived