The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strong rumour going around my work that Montrose have offered East Stirlingshire Goalkeeper Ritchie Barnard a deal for next season.

Any good???Cant say ive paid much notice to him.

I think he looked ok the couple of times I've seen the Shire through the season. One of their better performers. But twice in 36 games is hardly a ringing endorsement.

He's had plenty of work that's for sure.

Quick search of barnard and he has been about certainly.Hope heggy trys to get big matty alan back from dundee am sure he is back playing and would be a good addition, Michael Bolochoweckyj linked with montrose aswell in yesterdays paper not sure about that one.One ex loanee who did make a return to links park yesterday was one jamahl-howlett-mundle.Gave away a goal and scored a peach all in all still rank rotten i was told!

Not sure if its common knowledge but Andrew Steeves apparently helps coach our youth squads, and a selection of those he trained played in last nights youth team victory over Man United.

Not sure if its common knowledge but Andrew Steeves apparently helps coach our youth squads, and a selection of those he trained played in last nights youth team victory over Man United.

Didnt know that but good to hear. Been impressed all season by his attitude (as well as performances). The LTHV replay where he carried on playing when injured was immense but cost him in the longer term.

Be nice to get him involved in Montrose Youths teams and the kids when they come train with the Montrose team.

Archived