The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news just need to sort out the keeper and a centre half now

Yes, keeper and a centre half to partner Andy Steeves. I hope that's how it plays out because I think Steeves has much more influence in a game from centre back than at full back. I know others feel he is a better left back and maybe he is but we look more solid when he's in the middle and in the thick of things. Would like to see Matty Allan back but that might depend on if he can still get full time football and a loan as he'll be reluctant to go part time. Just hope Heggy can pull another couple of good surprises again. If Watson and Pingu don't get fully fit we're a bit short of midfield clout especially going forward to support the front two and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels we'll miss Adrian Mallagaray who came on strong. So a nippy winger would be useful unless the wee substitute lad, Kyle McLeod is it, can give it a go out wide with his speed. Will need to show a lot of form though as he's done a lot of standing around so far.

Anyway with Gary Fraser signing that's a great building block in place and I think provided we don't get another injury nightmare like last season we'll surprise a lot of people.

Would have been happy to take Fraser at Bayview but it's good to see a player stick with his team when he undoubtedly had more money offered elsewhere.

I'd be surprised if any other teams were offering him much, if any more than Montrose did. From what I've heard they really pushed the boat out to keep him.

Great news about Gary Fraser signing a new contract. Rumours still abound about Hegarty being replaced?? Would find this odd considering 13 of squad has been re-signed for next season

:lol: To have three brothers in opposing teams against each other at this level or higher would surely be a first, potentially some form of world record we could add to 36-0!? ;)

Probably. It will have the added bonus (for us all) of winding Berwick-the-beatable up like a fucked Taiwanese clock.

MONBREWATH JIST MIRGE TO GIVE BERWICK TH POINTZ 111111

Decent, holding on to Fraser. Should allow you to finish 9th next season. Lol. Fair play tying him down for 2 years.

^^^^seething

delightful news. decent keeper, couple of midfielders, matty allan back and we're pretty much there.

Archived