The Montrose Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word at the cup game today was that the Board met the fans on Thursday night. Nobody saying what happened though. My guess is that the result today will see a bit more 'sitting on the fence.'

Next week's game at Annan might well be postponed as well as Annan might be in a cup replay at Shire. Hope not but if it is postponed then Gary Fraser will be suspended for the Edin City game and Mo will have a midweek game at Annan - not a happy outcome.

20 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Na, it was a response to your Supporters Club issuing a vote of no confidence, publicly too :lol::lol::lol:

Or laughing at the fact the Berwick board won't accept the resignation of a manager who doesn't want to be there?

Away to QP in the cup but when I wonder? Unless I'm mistaken the League Cup final is that weekend - at Hampden on the Sunday so I doubt if our game will be the day before. Maybe will be played at Lesser Hampden - it's many a long year since the Mo last played there.

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Dave McKay get much game time at you whilst he was there? How was he?

I can't remember him playing at all which is probably the reason he is back in Rover's development team.

What about Johnny Court? How's he getting on?

Not getting much game time either. Did score on Saturday when he got on in cup game. Loans been a waste of time as mostly they are only bench fillers. Not players fault though

Edin City look to have most of the neutrals on their side which might be expected of those with little personal interest in this game. Montrose have a great interest however and I hope the lads put in a good shift to grab the points. Fraser suspended but I still think we have the ammo to do the job. Steeves should be back so a solid defensive display is needed with Masson & Co in front providing the threat going forward. Webby also needs to be on his game as he's a great threat when he gets going. Will be a tight game and we need to be up for it - end of.

Sad to see Montrose struggling again this season seem to have a great off field set up.They just do not seem to be able to choose the right management team,time for the board to stand up and be counted. I say that but we complete shit last year for 75% of the season and came good at the end so there is still hope but with Hegarty in charge I fear not

Archived