Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

A decent squad player and a handy option from the bench but we'll need someone better for the flank if we're looking to playing with wing-backs this season.

Could I recommend Phil Johnston. Pace, strength, delivery, positional awareness. Equally comfortable in attack and defence, a lower league Cafu if ever I have seen one.

A bid of around £500K should convince us to sell.

We were clearly the stonger side throughout tbh. Thought that Stenny's team looked decent though and were particularly well organised for this early in pre-season. Our forward three regularly swapped positions today which could have confused a poorer marking system but they dealt relatively well with that threat. Robert Thomson was a handful for the defence throughout but that's why he's playing at a higher level. Stenny's only real chance came from a goalkeeping error but a forward line with a bit of pace and McMenamin should get more joy against a weaker defence. Lamie mostly had them in his back pocket today though.

I think that both sides will be content with their performance and can take positives from it.

On 02/07/2017 at 11:40, Francesc Fabregas said:

Following on from discussion earlier in the thread, I see Real Kashmir have cancelled their friendlies with Albion Rovers and Hamilton Academical's U-20 side - I presume our match against them next weekend will fall by the wayside too?

Game on, according to the brers at the Falkirk Herald.

5 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Game on, according to the brers at the Falkirk Herald.

They got their visas through in the last 24 hours and I believe they are currently travelling.