Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

13 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Practical question: has anybody who paid the extra £7:50 for a physical season ticket card received one yet? 

Not received ours yet.

Stenhousemuir's new home strip is dynamite. It looks like a throwback to the nineties - which is obvious given the shirt it's based on - but without any modern touches. Old school. It looks especially good when worn over maroon under armour.

All that was missing was the G&J Sports sponsor!

59 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir's new home strip is dynamite. It looks like a throwback to the nineties - which is obvious given the shirt it's based on - but without any modern touches. Old school. It looks especially good when worn over maroon under armour.

All that was missing was the G&J Sports sponsor!

This is great and all but it would be nice to have some sort of look at it on social media! Especially after taking money off folk to get their name woven into it! There's not a single mention/preview of it on the official website or anywhere across our social media platforms. This side of things is really disappointing for me as a supporter from afar this season, after the last couple of seasons where it had been absolutely spot on

Edited by Christophe

11 minutes ago, Broxi Bears said:

Loved the new home kit today, however, does anyone know when it will be on sale?

Also, we havent seen the new away one yet ? 

Home strip should be available at some point this month. Keep an eye out on social media for a pre order link

Away strip was available for purchase at today's game

14 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Home strip should be available at some point this month. Keep an eye out on social media for a pre order link

Really ?! It’s not even been published yet on socials ? 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

How on earth did I not notice your kit being launched? It's absolutely outstanding.

Simple: it hasn't been launched! There's absolutely zero about it on the website or any social media channels. The first time it was seen or mentioned was in the photos of yesterday's game. Don't know what the script is there but someone is half-arsing their job!

34 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Simple: it hasn't been launched! There's absolutely zero about it on the website or any social media channels. The first time it was seen or mentioned was in the photos of yesterday's game. Don't know what the script is there but someone is half-arsing their job!

That makes me feel a bit better! The first I noticed was on a graphic where I thought it was one of these where a player is photoshopped into an iconic old kit. 

30 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

image.thumb.png.4c99005cf74e567eb3a1aef52743de2b.png

One of the best we've had in the 20 years I've followed the club.

See the best bit? The fact the shorts are clearly bespoke too and aren't just maroon. Class. They set it off perfectly. And it's fairly unique too.

On 04/08/2024 at 19:06, Francesc Fabregas said:

image.thumb.png.4c99005cf74e567eb3a1aef52743de2b.png

One of the best we've had in the 20 years I've followed the club.

That's absolutely fantastic - did the club go ahead with getting the names sublimated into the jersey? Quite hard to tell from the photos!

On 03/08/2024 at 21:38, CEMSFC said:

I find it quite baffling that a club could launch two kits, one of which is actually being sold, without making any sort of announcement.

Must not need the money, someone's doing well etc etc

2 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I find it quite baffling that a club could launch two kits, one of which is actually being sold, without making any sort of announcement.

Must not need the money, someone's doing well etc etc

We've had issues with our marketing and communications since our previous team departed in May. We had a false start under a new head of media, who left the club before the season started, and were very sloppy in promoting things like season tickets, hospitality and our new kits during his tenure, amongst other things. There have been improvements in recent weeks but there's still some way to go till we're fully up to speed and providing supporters with the information we need on a week-by-week basis.

5 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We had a false start under a new head of media, who left the club before the season started

Oh wow, I didn't realise Bobby Nwanze had chucked it so rapidly.

Hopefully it gets sorted, I really enjoyed the output last season (and not only because I have a soft spot for known supporter of Clyde Football Club, Ian Fitzpatrick)