Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

On 18/08/2023 at 18:27, Loondave said:

Have you worked out how pish Aitken is yet or still in the "he will click/gel soon" stage ?

You've made three posts from this account and they've all been critical of Matty Aitken. Sad.

Anyway, going by his recent post-match interview, Gary Naysmith says Stenhousemuir should have another player in at the start of next week. They were looking to get him in the team for the East Fife game but paperwork held up the move; he should join us very shortly. Naysmith also said they're in contact with another couple of players and we might see some movement in the next few weeks. The loan window closes at the end of September so there's plenty of time to recruit players he trusts to make a difference.

We've just about got away with starting the season with a small squad so far, so I'm excited to see what we can do with 18 or 19 boys to pick from.

I think Telfer touched on it earlier but a huge pat on the back for the media game this season. The match day content in particular is brilliant with essentially a live feel for the action for those not at the game.

I don't have Instagram but the Facebook stories stuff is excellent and put together well. The photos were really good yesterday as well really capturing the joy of the players and fans alike.

Keep up the good work lads.

Edited by Neilly

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

You've made three posts from this account and they've all been critical of Matty Aitken. Sad.

Anyway, going by his recent post-match interview, Gary Naysmith says Stenhousemuir should have another player in at the start of next week. They were looking to get him in the team for the East Fife game but paperwork held up the move; he should join us very shortly. Naysmith also said they're in contact with another couple of players and we might see some movement in the next few weeks. The loan window closes at the end of September so there's plenty of time to recruit players he trusts to make a difference.

We've just about got away with starting the season with a small squad so far, so I'm excited to see what we can do with 18 or 19 boys to pick from.

I've enjoyed listening to Naysmith's after-match interviews. He's been speaking with honesty and you can see there's a definite intent and drive there. Not getting carried away with performances or rewards but delivering praise where it's due and concentrating on what matters, points. 

Looking forward to seeing who we bring in. 

Agree with Neilly and FF, the media stuff has been tremendous. Well done to those involved. 

This is, on paper at least, a good piece of business. We've needed another body in there to bolster our defence and Marley Sweenie-Rowe looks like he'll give us cover at left-back and centre-back (and he's someone Gary Naysmith feels he could trust). For now, the left-back spot is Kinlay Bilham's to lose, and Sweenie-Rowe will have to work hard if he wants to break into the starting XI.

Another forward and that'll be us, I reckon!

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

This is, on paper at least, a good piece of business. We've needed another body in there to bolster our defence and Marley Sweenie-Rowe looks like he'll give us cover at left-back and centre-back (and he's someone Gary Naysmith feels he could trust). For now, the left-back spot is Kinlay Bilham's to lose, and Sweenie-Rowe will have to work hard if he wants to break into the starting XI.

Another forward and that'll be us, I reckon!

definitely need another out and out forward

Sweenie-Rowe has done well for the reserves and received plenty of credit for our B team's 2 clean sheets in the Challenge Cup against Buckie and East Fife. Reckon this could be a good loan for him at a decent side, and do l hopefully will be mutually beneficial.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stenhousemuir have been drawn at home to Brora Rangers in the Scottish Cup second round. We've met them once before, back in a Challenge Cup tie in 2014, where Scott Booth's side were defeated 3-1 in extra time.

I don't think Brora are quite the force they once were a couple of years ago and this should give us a decent chance to progress to the next round.

I'll see you all there!

11 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The Station Bar, next to Larbert Station funnily enough, is a cracking old-fashioned pub with a good range of beers 🍻.

Stay clear of that sh*thole. The plough for Food as mentioned is decent and for a drink The Crown/The Wee Bar/Ochilview Bar