Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think that players don't want to play for Bollan?

He's clearly upset the older guys but maybe he just wants rid, that's his call.

So far, his biggest problem has been lack of changing things when they clearly aren't working.

Last Saturday was a prime example. Up to the break, there wasn't much between Peterhead and Forfar, even when it was 11 v 11, in fact after the first 10 minutes we were probably the better side.

Second half we were run completely ragged by 10 men right from the first minute. How it took so long to shake things up beggared belief.

Maybe he was dropped, he's been hopeless for some time .

He has played every game this season and been consistent throughout so he wouldn't be dropped from the whole squad.

He was probably injured but my point is, we are in a relegation battle and its not as if players are showing the guts and commitment to get us out of it, summed up with imminent departure of Baxter.

I might be wrong but was this not always likely to happen when Dick Campbell left us?

There were obviously players there because of the manager and clearly Bollan is going to think he would be better without them.

it's all rather unfortunate and should have been done in a Summer but the implosion from September onwards (under Dick) sped that up.

Can't help but think what might have been had Cooper/Petrie been the choice though...

I wouldn't say it was "unfortunate" I would say it is shambolic. You're right on the timing though, to simply punt Douglas, Templeman, Nichol and now Baxter whilst we are in a very perilous position in the league seems to be gross miss-management. I'm actually struggling to get my head around the whole thing.

I wouldn't say it was "unfortunate" I would say it is shambolic. You're right on the timing though, to simply punt Douglas, Templeman, Nichol and now Baxter whilst we are in a very perilous position in the league seems to be gross miss-management. I'm actually struggling to get my head around the whole thing.

What's up with Beaky? He was always injury prone but he's done well wherever he's been, or has time caught up with him?

Losing Douglas was a big loss too for whatever the reason. Hardly the right time to start rebuilding a team.

You're right on the timing though, to simply punt Douglas, Templeman, Nichol and now Baxter whilst we are in a very perilous position in the league seems to be gross miss-management.

I can't comment on Sanny, Nichol or Baxter's situation but Douglas was in no way "punted". He walked out on Forfar and had it been anyone else at any other club would have been castigated for it, for some reason Forfar fans seem to think it was OK for him to leave as he did.

I can't comment on Sanny, Nichol or Baxter's situation but Douglas was in no way "punted". He walked out on Forfar and had it been anyone else at any other club would have been castigated for it, for some reason Forfar fans seem to think it was OK for him to leave as he did.

Douglas walked almost as soon as the new manager was appointed - not sure he could have influenced that too much. Sanny, you could argue has been replaced - with Ryan already scoring as many goals in 3 matches as Sanny did in about 23 matches.

Nicholl gave travel as his reason for wanting away - although it coincided with a couple of poor games, being benched and the January window - But, if we'd continued to train one day a week in Perth, would he have stayed?

Baxter does seem a strange one though - especially at a time when we're struggling with right sided defenders (when haven't we this season though).

The main issue is that if a player isn't happy and has expressed a wish to be let go - would you, as a manager, want to rely on him for the rest of the season or do you cut your losses, let him go and then try to look for a player who was released during the window.

Is this down to the new manager and the way he deals with players or is it down to the players perhaps not liking a few home truths about their performance levels etc... (that they maybe didn't get from the previous manager). Who knows? I guess we'll have to wait until a few autobiographies come out!

Douglas walked almost as soon as the new manager was appointed - not sure he could have influenced that too much. Sanny, you could argue has been replaced - with Ryan already scoring as many goals in 3 matches as Sanny did in about 23 matches.

Nicholl gave travel as his reason for wanting away - although it coincided with a couple of poor games, being benched and the January window - But, if we'd continued to train one day a week in Perth, would he have stayed?

Baxter does seem a strange one though - especially at a time when we're struggling with right sided defenders (when haven't we this season though).

The main issue is that if a player isn't happy and has expressed a wish to be let go - would you, as a manager, want to rely on him for the rest of the season or do you cut your losses, let him go and then try to look for a player who was released during the window.

Is this down to the new manager and the way he deals with players or is it down to the players perhaps not liking a few home truths about their performance levels etc... (that they maybe didn't get from the previous manager). Who knows? I guess we'll have to wait until a few autobiographies come out!

People need to wake up smell the coffee here, Douglas (who was the upmost pro throughout his time with us) left instantly, to my knowledge hasn't joined anyone else? He was unhappy with the appointment for some reason. Instead we are left with Hill who is brutal.

The club may have said Nicol didn't want to travel despite him tweeting "sometimes you have to move on with a change of personnel" His replacements, Dunlop = brutal and young inexperienced loans.

Now Baxter ????

Guys like Foxy / Omar / Hay / Smith getting zero game time.

Archived