Bryce Canyon & Zion National Park

LiviClyde

Yes been camping in Zion National Park, had a great time. Some heavy duty walking mind, but it worth it.

Several walks will take you to the peeks. Take plenty of water & some food (picnic). Good walking shoes. Need a head for heights.

Tip...Only low alcohol served in the shops.

Wasn't planning anything too heavy duty, more like 2 to 3 mile round trips from the car at prime areas. Alcohol strength not a problem as I don't drink much when we're touring. I'll save that side for Vegas.

A few years since I was there but both very much worth a visit.

Bryce Canyon is a weird landscape...and very photogenic. Several clearly marked hiking trails which give you a choice of long and arduous hikes or just a brief stroll round. It's a long drive to get there and it's worth spending a bit of time exploring.

For Zion Canyon, I would recommend The Narrows - you walk along and in the shallow Zion River into the Gorge - the Canyon Walls are about 1000 feet high - it's great fun. Arrive early - there's a pile of branches to use as hiking poles which you need for balance when splashing through the river and you will avoid the mobs of regular tourists who turn up later in the day.

You don't have to be Bear Grylls but these are special places and being a bit adventurous will be rewarding.

A few years since I was there but both very much worth a visit.

Bryce Canyon is a weird landscape...and very photogenic. Several clearly marked hiking trails which give you a choice of long and arduous hikes or just a brief stroll round. It's a long drive to get there and it's worth spending a bit of time exploring.

For Zion Canyon, I would recommend The Narrows - you walk along and in the shallow Zion River into the Gorge - the Canyon Walls are about 1000 feet high - it's great fun. Arrive early - there's a pile of branches to use as hiking poles which you need for balance when splashing through the river and you will avoid the mobs of regular tourists who turn up later in the day.

You don't have to be Bear Grylls but these are special places and being a bit adventurous will be rewarding.

Thanks for that. The Narrows looks pretty spectacular. Fitting it into my schedule might be a challenge but worth making the effort.

Archived