East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

What has happened to Tranent Facebook page? It has been taken away or something. I was hearing our captain may be going to Linlithgow, was looking for some clarification.

They advertised about a month ago they were switching to a new Facebook page.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Tranent lose their captain on the eve of the season before he even kicked a ball in anger for them? you can't buy loyalty.....

Surely any player from a south league club would not turn down the chance to go to Linlithgow.

Surely any player from a south league club would not turn down the chance to go to Linlithgow.

It's not always about the money. If I were a Junior player, and I'm not and never was, no amount of money could lure me from a club local to my job and home. That and I'd never go to Linlithgow anyway.

It's not always about the money. If I were a Junior player, and I'm not and never was, no amount of money could lure me from a club local to my job and home. That and I'd never go to Linlithgow anyway.

Yip, most (not all) who have either never played junior football or did but never get offered chance to play with Linlithgow would say that

As a junior player, I doubt there's a lot of players in the lower leagues (south of North and premier as well) that would turn down the chance to sign for Linlithgow. Regardless of their off field dramas in the last few weeks, they are still arguably the biggest club in the East region and one of the top 5 in Scottish junior football.

As a junior player, I doubt there's a lot of players in the lower leagues (south of North and premier as well) that would turn down the chance to sign for Linlithgow. Regardless of their off field dramas in the last few weeks, they are still arguably the biggest club in the East region and one of the top 5 in Scottish junior football.

Exactly victor!..

12 September Fixtures

McBookie.com East South League

Blackburn Utd v Livingston Utd

Crossgates Primrose v Kirkcaldy YM

Dunbar Utd v Lochgelly Albert

Stoneyburn v Pumpherston

Tranent v Rosyth

Whitburn v West Calder Utd

19th September Fixtures

McBookie.com East South League

Easthouse Lily MW v Stoneyburn

Kirkcaldy YM v Blackburn Utd

Livingston Utd v Lochgelly Albert

Pumpherston v Crossgates Primrose

Rosyth v Dunbar Utd

Whitburn v Tranent

26th September Scottish Cup 1rst Round

All 14.30 kick offs

Who mentioned money????

Any player getting the chance to move from the south league to any super league club would be mad to turn that chance down and if it does not work out he can always go back, but the player we are talking about will cope no problem.

What if their already playing for the club they've only ever dreamt of playing for and captaining Victor.

That kind of loyalty and playing for "nothing" is music to a chairmans ears. First name on the team sheet every week. How can a club possibly fail.

What if their already playing for the club they've only ever dreamt of playing for and captaining Victor.

It's each players choice and there will be a select few who would turn down such a move BUT I'd imagine that's all it would be, a select few!!!

Who mentioned money????

Any player getting the chance to move from the south league to any super league club would be mad to turn that chance down and if it does not work out he can always go back, but the player we are talking about will cope no problem.

Can't imagine someone leaving the Junior club they spent their whole boyhood dreaming of playing for and captaining to join a Super League team for a barrow load of money.

Would a return not just see them dragged down to the former clubs level?

Archived