East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pistol who were the Tranent big up artists

Appeared to be some of Tranent's new signings under different usernames? but don't quote me on that but they gave off that impression from what i remember them saying at the time, had a quick look through the beginning of this thread.. Either been deleted or was in the 2014 thread who knows and who really cares, the point I was trying to make was you can't read too much into pre-season results obviously.

Blackburn United 2 Whitburn 1

A towsy local derby in front of a decent crowd. Nothing much happened until midway through the second half when a Whitburn defender sent a header off his own crossbar and out for a corner. In the 73rd minute though the visitors were awarded a soft looking penalty for a push in the back, and went ahead. Then Gary Brass of Whitburn got a straight red for an off the ball incident and Blackburn equalised on 82 through a diving header from sub Hepburn after a good move down the right. With the game moving into the 4th minute of injury time Gary Smith pushed a ball past the last defender but it looked to be running out of play before the defender decided to clip his heels for a stonewall penalty, which Wade converts with the last kick of the game.

Perhaps a fair result would have been a draw as neither team got into their stride, but by god, the Whitburn support don't half moan, a lot.

Archived