East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

Good result for Dunbar at the weekend. Still a few players yet to feature but looks promising. New coaches with little experience in Junior football. Will be interesting to see how they fare over the season. Good luck!! Darren Handling looks like he will be a star!

like who is still to feature ?????

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunbar United. 1. West Barns Star. 1. In the opening game of Kenny Wilson Memorial Trophy. Nine changes from the Dunbar side which played Kilwinning on Saturday with three trialists on from the start. Joe Finlay scored for West Barns in the 25th minute and Danny Taylor equalised for Dunbar early in second half. Lots of Dunbar pressure but West Barns defended well and fully deserved the draw.

I know it's only preseason but looking like Easthouses aren't in the league just to make up the numbers and maybe be challenging for promotion in first. I seem to remember Falkirk put up a great challenge in their first season.

I know it's only preseason but looking like Easthouses aren't in the league just to make up the numbers and maybe be challenging for promotion in first. I seem to remember Falkirk put up a great challenge in their first season.

We played them last year in a cup tie and they are very good. They will certainly be up there.

We have kept same squad plus added a couple of good signings, boys are looking fit and just looking forward to the challenge of next season! There's no pressure on us in our first season but yes we're not here just to make numbers up, we also know it's a very difficult league!

Blackburn United 3 (Spence, Hepburn, Easton p) Wishaw Juniors 3

Went in at the break comfortably 2-0 ahead, should have made it three early second half before the subs started to upset the flow of the game, Blackburn making 8 in all. Wishaw came back into it and briefly lead before a late Sid Easton penalty leveled it.

Another good nights work. Northbank (from Carlisle) on Saturday.

Archived