East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

Serious? I've always heard its good. Can't be any worse than some in this league, livingstons was horrible. Glad Blackburns got done up cause that park was very bad

Yeah mate can be a bog at times like any pitch I suppose but if the ball goes behind one of the goals or too one side you've lost it. Also a little bobbly and old goal posts, used to be square I'm sure.... Average but yeah better than a couple in the league Deffo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have heard it's a very good playing surface, hence a few EoS finals played there?

It does. Its a very well looked after surface. With the exception of spartans and HW uni with their 4g parks its one of the best. It survives alot of rainy weather unlike most parks.

Yeah mate can be a bog at times like any pitch I suppose but if the ball goes behind one of the goals or too one side you've lost it. Also a little bobbly and old goal posts, used to be square I'm sure.... Average but yeah better than a couple in the league Deffo

St marks will be 2nd only to Dunbar in the south league next year. Very good park. There's a reason cup finals are played there.

If as expected, Whitburn are promoted alongside Tranent, this is how the South could look next season;

Blackburn United

Craigroyston

Crossgates Primrose

Dunbar United

Easthouses Lily

Kirkcaldy YM

Livingston United

Lochgelly Albert

Pumpherston

Rosyth

Stoneyburn

West Calder United

Relegation candidates from Premier;

Edinburgh United (very likely)

Thornton Hibs (very likely, but could go North)

Armadale Thistle

Oakley United

Kennoway Star Hearts

Falkirk Juniors (unlikely)

Arniston Rangers (very unlikey)

Candidates for moving divisions;

Lochore Welfare

With rumours of Luncarty coming back in the North, and possibly a Dundee amateur team stepping up as well, I think we’ll be operating with a minimum of 14 clubs next season, possibly more.

Doesn't take much for Whitburn to be off to be fair. Hopefully it goes ahead though

That's correct belter,no bad set up noo with the new changing rooms and of course the social club on site but the pitch has been Whitburn's bane for years,it do's not take much precipitation and it's off. It's cauld through here right now,it's the middle of April and snow is actually lying on the ground!!!

It's stopped raining through here. Not been any snow either. It's no shock that teams further east have played the most games in the leagues. Tranent, Dunbar Haddington and Edinburgh

The climate in East Lothian is far better than Western West Lothian,it's warmer and drier oot your way. Here because it's relatively high and further west the climate is damp and cauld even in the summer!! I can see Whitburn playing a few midweek games to get there season finished!!

Archived