When is GTF day?

Do you feel a sense of rivalry with them?

It's been drilled into me by the older fans I know, over the years, but not really tbh! Hoping a couple of large crowd games between the two sides in meaningful games could rekindle it though!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 21 and I've never seen one outside the Renfrewshire Cup.

The Challenge Cup semi-final (05-06) was a good atmospheric derby (definitely the last proper one I've been to). We were terrible, the match was terrible - but winning on penalties was sweet.

The Challenge Cup semi-final (05-06) was a good atmospheric derby (definitely the last proper one I've been to). We were terrible, the match was terrible - but winning on penalties was sweet.

Is Rigby a Morton fan?

I can vaguely remember an away game(from when I was young) v Morton when Mark Yardley scored/set up the winner. No idea if it was cup or league though

League cup in 2002 maybe? Scotland were 2-0 down against the Faroe Islands on the same day, and came back to draw. We were down 2-0 at half time, won 3-2, Lappin literally burst the net with a goal and Yardley beat about 5 players before scoring the winner. That was a great game.

Big Yards took some amount of stick that day, so it was magic when he got the winner.

When was the last time St.Mirren played Morton in a league game? 2000? My cousin's son is 13, has been going to the games for 7 or 8 years. I hope kids of that age actually do see Morton as our rivals. You could be in your early 20s, a life long St. Mirren fan, and never seen a proper Renfrewshire derby.

18th March 2000

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2475&team2_id=1765&teamTabs=h2h

Archived