Player Budgets

Gartcairn Army

Guys,

Im being told by every other man and their dog that Gartcairn have loads of cash to splash.

What kind of budgets do 2nd, 1st, Ayrshire, Super first and Super prem clubs use??

I understand some are more than others but whats the usual??

Guys,

Im being told by every other man and their dog that Gartcairn have loads of cash to splash.

What kind of budgets do 2nd, 1st, Ayrshire, Super first and Super prem clubs use??

Hmmm.

Guys,

You will find budgets vary greatly in every league with some teams paying next to no money to some playing on average £70 per week to others paying top dollar, and this is the case throughout all the leagues in the west.

If you do have a bit of money to burn my advice would be to spend it wisely on your infrastructure rather than wasting it on inflated players wages , which many teams have done and just about crippled them!

You will find budgets vary greatly in every league with some teams paying next to no money to some playing on average £70 per week to others paying top dollar, and this is the case throughout all the leagues in the west.

If you do have a bit of money to burn my advice would be to spend it wisely on your infrastructure rather than wasting it on inflated players wages , which many teams have done and just about crippled them!

We dont but id like to know what clubs have been promoted with in the past

I take it if you get in the juniors you will be in the central 2nd Division? I would say you don't need a wage budget at all to get out of there, just a decent manager with good organisational skills and a great eye for young players. The skill level varies greatly in that league but as proved time and again having a budget isn't the key to getting up from that league, just ask Cambuslang from this season. Having played and got promoted from that league I would say team spirit, organisation and battling qualities will get you a long way!!

I take it if you get in the juniors you will be in the central 2nd Division? I would say you don't need a wage budget at all to get out of there, just a decent manager with good organisational skills and a great eye for young players. The skill level varies greatly in that league but as proved time and again having a budget isn't the key to getting up from that league, just ask Cambuslang from this season. Having played and got promoted from that league I would say team spirit, organisation and battling qualities will get you a long way!!

money cant buy that

Lang didn't have much of a budget

I'm only going on what I was hearing at start of season. I'm sure they would still have had one of the better budgets in the league in comparison to the other teams in there.

Get boys who want to be there to play not boys who will sign for you for an extra fiver they got offered elsewhere! As fabi says get a good group together and not boys who are chasing an extra couple of quid.

Decent team as well, they really impressed me that last game!

a young team and they all love being there. The attitude of the boys is different class. Few boys could have moved on a few times but all chose to stay which speaks volumes for our dressing room the gaffer and especially a great committee

If a player wants to sign for you for an extra fiver forget about him as the next time he gets an offer from another team for more money he will be offski Young hungry players with a few experienced juniors and you will be ok

If a player wants to sign for you for an extra fiver forget about him as the next time he gets an offer from another team for more money he will be offski Young hungry players with a few experienced juniors and you will be ok

spot on

I don't know where you got your information from re Cambuslang's budget for this season. Paddy & Johns budget was 50% less than what was spent the previous season.

I'm only going on what I was hearing at start of season. I'm sure they would still have had one of the better budgets in the league in comparison to the other teams in there.

whatever budget we had, it should have been good enough to get out the division but as Jacktonite says budgets large or small or nothing as in St Anthony's guarantee nothing.

Archived