No Man's Sky

Fide

A number of folk have got refunds for this game. Not exactly sure of the criteria though.

Aliens Colonial Marines is another perfect example of this. There were court cases involving that game as it was nothing like the game shown at E3. As far as I know nobody got a refund.

19 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

A number of folk have got refunds for this game. Not exactly sure of the criteria though.

Aliens Colonial Marines is another perfect example of this. There were court cases involving that game as it was nothing like the game shown at E3. As far as I know nobody got a refund.

That case appears to have went nowhere, i know Sega had offered a settlement of 1.25 million to refund people, but there hasn't been any information since.

That 1.25 million, which i believe would be in dollars would cover about 20,000 retail copies sold of the game.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

1 hour ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

And rightly so.
http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-is-being-investigated-by-the-advertising-standards-authority/?utm_content=bufferadc24&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

“In the ASA response, they say that both Hello Games and Valve have a joint responsibility, and so both organisations have now been contacted by the ASA and have been told to respond to the following issues which the ASA picked out as the primary issues (compiled from a number of complainants that contacted the ASA).”

Sony have a massive responsibility here, they paid for the hype train to sell consoles. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/sony-president-criticizes-no-mans-sky-it-wasnt-a-great-pr-strategy/

President of Sony's Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida, said he understands the complaints being leveled at Hello Games' Sean Murray over the shaky launch and ongoing issues of the procedural space exploration game No Man's Sky. "I understand some of the criticisms especially Sean Murray is getting," Yoshida told Eurogamer at the Tokyo Game Show, "because he sounded like he was promising more features in the game from day one."

"It wasn't a great PR strategy, because he didn't have a PR person helping him, and in the end he is an indie developer," Yoshida said.

Talk about trying to distance yourself from the blame. 

I doubt it'll go anywhere either.  Like Brightside says, if it did, it would open the floodgates, not necessarily a good thing for anyone.

That Sony statement is shocking.  I'd put more of the blame at their door.  They talk about him being an indie developer and not having a PR team - whose fault is that?  They could have stepped in at any point, as to even the most casual observer, Sean Murray was out of his depth.  But no, they were happy to coin it in initially, then distance themselves.  If there is to be punishments, they need to be levelled at Sony most of all.

7 hours ago, forameus said:

I doubt it'll go anywhere either.  Like Brightside says, if it did, it would open the floodgates, not necessarily a good thing for anyone.

That Sony statement is shocking.  I'd put more of the blame at their door.  They talk about him being an indie developer and not having a PR team - whose fault is that?  They could have stepped in at any point, as to even the most casual observer, Sean Murray was out of his depth.  But no, they were happy to coin it in initially, then distance themselves.  If there is to be punishments, they need to be levelled at Sony most of all.

Absolutely agree, Sony knew they could get away with hyping this game into the stratosphere because all criticism would be left with the developer. Very poor from Sony, expected better of them to be honest.

2 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Absolutely agree, Sony knew they could get away with hyping this game into the stratosphere because all criticism would be left with the developer. Very poor from Sony, expected better of them to be honest.

And now a very talented developer has effectively been thrown to the dogs. 

I know the game wasn't the success it was painted to be, but they definitely had the shell of a brilliant game out there.  I fully expect there to be developers that come in and put flesh on the bones, eventually releasing the sort of game that Hello Games originally wanted, and it'll be partly thanks to them.  

20 minutes ago, forameus said:

And now a very talented developer has effectively been thrown to the dogs. 

I know the game wasn't the success it was painted to be, but they definitely had the shell of a brilliant game out there.  I fully expect there to be developers that come in and put flesh on the bones, eventually releasing the sort of game that Hello Games originally wanted, and it'll be partly thanks to them.  

The idea is great. Its clear from what ive seen of the game that they were definitely molding a game that was gonna match that idea. But Sean Murray got full of himself and promised things he wanted to happen, but being a complete idiot rather than saying "This is what i want to happen" He said "This is what has happened" and told people a blatant lie. He promised things he wasn't able to deliver on and now that the reality has sunk in and he has hundreds of thousands of angry people shouting at him he has crawled into his shell and disappeared. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Steam player base is regularly hitting under 500 active players. To put it into context, more people are playing Mafia 2 on average than NMS. 

Well, Sean Murray came through on one promise. You can play it forever and you'll never bump into anyone else in the Universe. :lol: 

Fide gets it tight in this thread, but just remembered there was this gem in direct reply to me...

On 7/25/2016 at 06:38, Antiochas III said:

Absolutely no chance of this game failing. None.  

Financially it's been a success obviously, but in every other sense, it's been a failure.  and that comes from someone who did play it for a long, long time, and really wanted it to succeed.  Still do.

• 3 weeks later...