Bathgate Thistle

Guest chavez

Good post from JuniorG, honest and open. The biggest problem any manager/club have these days is money side of the game. Too many players these days just want paid as much as possible so they can boast to their mates about how much they get. Must say though that it's maybe not a big budget for premier league, about 14k a year but surely could've just tried to sell the big earners and free up the cash. New manager must feel the budget is something he can work with so be interesting to see how the season goes for Bathgate.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like fans wanting to keep their best players at club as won then as a good few were not prepared to play for the Manager 1st appointed & can't blame them with his track record!

....and yet at least one Premier League team will only be paying expenses next season and their management have just got on with it and not complained.

At this level players and management should be getting paid their expenses and that is it. No way should clubs who attract less than 100 paying punters actually get a wage. It's absurd. Aren't we all in it for the enjoyment not the money? the committee's are anyway, who don't get paid.

Providing good facilities, a good pitch, good training and playing gear, transport and covering expenses is all hard enough without being expected to pay an actual wage.

The very best of luck to Andrew Colley who has accepted the challenge of managing Bathgate Thistle. I do feel for the hard working Committee who work long hours purely for the love of their club and some of the comments on this thread are really disappointing. With hard work and a little bit of luck I am sure Andrew can build a decent team, backed by a Committee who are trying their very best in difficult circumstances.

We have all come to expect the pathetic and bitter comments from stmirrenslayer so they are no great surprise. I had hoped he would have moved on by now. However, I am disappointed with Gareth Alexander revealing that he could not commit to the job because of the challenging budget situation. I wonder what would have happened to Sir Alex Ferguson when he first walked into East Stirlingshire to find there was no budget and no players ? I suggest that Gareth should have kept his reasons private between him and the Committee. If Gareth wanted to prove himself as a young, talented and ambitious football Manager, he should have accepted the job and worked hard to improve Bathgate Thistle and build his reputation and credibility

Good luck to the new manager. Hopefully he can keep us in the league next season and use it as a spring board for seasons to come. Lots of work to be done between now and August.

A bit sad to see all the dirty washing being hung out to dry on this thread. I understand Gareth had to put his side of the story out there and it was good to hear the reasons, but exposing the budgets like that is shocking.

Good luck to the new manager. Hopefully he can keep us in the league next season and use it as a spring board for seasons to come. Lots of work to be done between now and August.

A bit sad to see all the dirty washing being hung out to dry on this thread. I understand Gareth had to put his side of the story out there and it was good to hear the reasons, but exposing the budgets like that is shocking.

One good thing about Gareth and his statement is that everyone knows what the financial situation is and the club won't be wasting their time chasing money grabbers as everyone now knows you have to want to play football there, not line your pocket

The very best of luck to Andrew Colley who has accepted the challenge of managing Bathgate Thistle. I do feel for the hard working Committee who work long hours purely for the love of their club and some of the comments on this thread are really disappointing. With hard work and a little bit of luck I am sure Andrew can build a decent team, backed by a Committee who are trying their very best in difficult circumstances.

We have all come to expect the pathetic and bitter comments from stmirrenslayer so they are no great surprise. I had hoped he would have moved on by now.

However, I am disappointed with Gareth Alexander revealing that he could not commit to the job because of the challenging budget situation. I wonder what would have happened to Sir Alex Ferguson when he first walked into East Stirlingshire to find there was no budget and no players ?

I suggest that Gareth should have kept his reasons private between him and the Committee. If Gareth wanted to prove himself as a young, talented and ambitious football Manager, he should have accepted the job and worked hard to improve Bathgate Thistle and build his reputation and credibility

[/quotes

I have to admit I was bitter but now I'm as happy as Larry, what we said would happen has certainly happened and the season was a complete failure, it wasn't a surprise when the guy walked away after hearing the expectations of the "committee" and the financial woes he would've faced.

I wish the new guy all the best in the difficult task ahead but I'm sure with his youth connections and experience he will do ok and given the chance will build a good solid team.

:)

At any point does this fuckwit actually hold his hands up and say I was a but naive (aka as fucking stupid) in not confirming with the committee what the wage structure was? He goes on about players not playing for nothing these days then talks about how him and his 'coaching staff' (was the c**t bringing an entourage) won't do it without getting paid. And as for good super league players he had lined up, any numbnut can offer big wages to players and in effect 'line them up for next season' did he think it was Monopoly money he was spending!? As for having to sign the 3 fans favourites - if that's true you knew that before you took the job do why fucking take it!? And worse still when you quit then use that as a reason!? The last thing the club needed was a fucking Alex ferguson wannabe accepting the job then quitting 48hrs later!?!? Clearing out the squad!!? That p***k would have got cleared out in an away bus journey, along with his band of merry coaches!! And just to remind the c**t..........you got sacked from West Calder mate!!!

One last point he says his coaches would be spending £100 plus a month on phone calls......well tell the horny c***s to stop phoning babe station!!! Do what I do watch it when the family's in bed, with the volume down, cock in one hand remote in the other, if you hear a creak put your cock away and hit 401!!! Roberts your mothers brother!!

Your sincerely

The Current Squad

At any point does this fuckwit actually hold his hands up and say I was a but naive (aka as fucking stupid) in not confirming with the committee what the wage structure was? He goes on about players not playing for nothing these days then talks about how him and his 'coaching staff' (was the c**t bringing an entourage) won't do it without getting paid. And as for good super league players he had lined up, any numbnut can offer big wages to players and in effect 'line them up for next season' did he think it was Monopoly money he was spending!? As for having to sign the 3 fans favourites - if that's true you knew that before you took the job do why fucking take it!? And worse still when you quit then use that as a reason!? The last thing the club needed was a fucking Alex ferguson wannabe accepting the job then quitting 48hrs later!?!? Clearing out the squad!!? That p***k would have got cleared out in an away bus journey, along with his band of merry coaches!! And just to remind the c**t..........you got sacked from West Calder mate!!!

One last point he says his coaches would be spending £100 plus a month on phone calls......well tell the horny c***s to stop phoning babe station!!! Do what I do watch it when the family's in bed, with the volume down, cock in one hand remote in the other, if you hear a creak put your cock away and hit 401!!! Roberts your mothers brother!!

Your sincerely

The Current Squad

Absolute topper of a post ????????

This thread has been eye opening but just one summary point to make surely the budget would have been discussed at interview and if you took the job then you agreed to the budget. To pack in after 48 hours is a poor show and shows that you may not have been up to/been able to do the job.

This thread has been eye opening but just one summary point to make surely the budget would have been discussed at interview and if you took the job then you agreed to the budget. To pack in after 48 hours is a poor show and shows that you may not have been up to/been able to do the job.

Bathgate has had a lucky escape if you ask me, I don't know how much I believe in Gareth's post. Sounds like he wants everyone to feel sorry for him instead of just admitting he shat it coz he wasn't up to building a team. There's no way the budget wasn't mentioned in the interview.

Your sincerely

The Current Squad

post of the week :lol:

Archived