Saturday 3 October 2015

Bathgate Thistle v Dalkeith Thistle 1-2

Dundee Violet v Arniston Rangers 0-2

Dundonald Bluebell v Edinburgh United 3-1

Falkirk JFC v Armadale Thistle 2-1

Forfar West End v Haddington Athletic 1-1

Lochee United v Jeanfield Swifts 2-1

Montrose Roselea v Thornton Hibs 1-1

dalkeith to win,ARNISTON win,dundonald win, Armadale win,Haddington win,JEANFIELD win and Montrose win ...

Plenty of goals yesterday in premier league and a few shocks as well

The only non shocker of the day was locheeboy aka Admin on the Lochee forum once again complaining about the referee. Its becoming a bit embarassing this.

A couple of his quotes listed below:

"However the referee decided otherwise and awarded a goal kick. This was the first of many bad decisions from the man in black."

"With 5 minutes left of the half Greg Kirk was very badly fouled from behind by McDermott resulting in a yellow card which should have been a red. Strange decision...from the man in black."

"Shortly after the goal Lochee were denied a strong penalty claim after a handball in the box by Gunnion. From where I stood and everybody else in the ground it was a stick on penalty. Somehow referee McNab didn't have his specs on and waved play on to !!"

"referee makes another very bad decision by blowing for offside."

The unofficial forum must be his get out of jail card!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well done on ground improvements front old northerner interesting that the club is looking at all available options league and cup wise great to see a junior team with their eyes open.am sure youd beat your old rivals preston

Cheers! I'll be happier when the bricks (or breeze blocks or whatever) start being laid but pleased enough that the process is now well underway

Interesting it mentioned the lowland league think haddington would be great addition to that further down the line

At a slight tangent :P,if you intend backing your namesake in the 1.20 at Ascot on Saturday,back it now at 9/1 (I missed the 12s and 10s on offer earlier today :angry:) as it will be much shorter on the day. ;)

Soz guys,carry on. :)

eta I should have added that it's been supplemented for this race at a cost of 30 grand and,on it's last appearance over c/d it won with the proverbial 'ton in hand'.

Admittedly a step up in class here,but hopefully in with a decent e/w chance.

Dalkeith 3-3 Kennoway

We stole a point from Kennoway who played very well. The chances they had they should have been out of sight. Was very impressed with the front 2 in particular.

All the best to them for the rest of the season.

How's my wee buddy Wullie Kidd? Hope he's turning up at training :lol:

Kiddo is doing well for us. Hasnt really missed many training sessions since the start of the season.

Kiddo is it? That's what we called Andrew Kidd. Wullie was just Wullie or occasionally the Spartan Slayer :lol:

Aye we dont have another Kidd so Kiddo it is!

Well I headed across to Thornton today, went by Kincardine to avoid the roadworks. Game kicked off 45 mins late as Dalkeith were stuck in traffic. Kiddo was late and was on the bench. Didn't know any of the players apart from Liam McKenna playing as a trialist.

Amazing end to the game, Thornton 2 up at ht, Dalkeith got one back but the game looked like petering out at 2-1 then Dalkeith equalised with a last minute penalty and amazingly won it with a looping shot from the guy out left, and the ref blew for time up without restarting.

And I got my admission money back when I won £5 in the half time raffle :-)

Well I headed across to Thornton today, went by Kincardine to avoid the roadworks. Game kicked off 45 mins late as Dalkeith were stuck in traffic. Kiddo was late and was on the bench. Didn't know any of the players apart from Liam McKenna playing as a trialist.

Amazing end to the game, Thornton 2 up at ht, Dalkeith got one back but the game looked like petering out at 2-1 then Dalkeith equalised with a last minute penalty and amazingly won it with a looping shot from the guy out left, and the ref blew for time up without restarting.

And I got my admission money back when I won £5 in the half time raffle :-)

Aye Mantis it didnt look like being our day again. The winning goal might be the bit of luck we need to kick start our season

What's the story with the 6 game suspensions for Edinburgh and Montrose managers ?

Is this a hangover from the game last season that included a bit of bitching on here ?

Odd that their suspensions start a few days apart.

Archived