P+B Fantasy Football Auction League

Might be going for overkill here with the amount of leagues on the go on here but I quite fancy setting up an auction league on here if theres interest. Seems like a lot of fun. Fleaflicker don't do them so I guess it'll be hosted on ESPN unless anyone knows of a better site?

First come first served I guess, post on here if you're interested. First 16 guys are in.

I assume it will be a redraft league?

Whatever it is I am most definitely IN!

Yeah it's redraft.

I've set it up on ESPN but I can only add participants through email invites so PM me your email if you're interested and I'll send you a link to the league.

Still not sorted scoring etc., we can see what the consensus is on that.

What's an auction league?

It's a different kind of draft. Instead of taking turns to draft players, we take turns putting a player on the auction block so draft order doesn't really matter as much as standard drafting, we take turns choosing a player that is up for grabs.

Everyone starts with the same amount of "fantasy money" usually $100 or $200 and the highest bidder wins the player on the block...for example:

I have first suggestion; I choose to Adrian Peterson and the bidding starts at $1, from there its basically a standard auction with AP going to the highest bidder. So say he goes for $45 to you MacBeast, you now have AP but you only have $55 to build the rest of your roster with.

Then the 2nd player suggests a player, he chooses Lev Bell. You still have $55 to bid with, so if you want him, start bidding and can win him for $55 or less then he's on your roster, if he goes over $55 you can't afford him. Say you do land him for $53, you now have AP & Bell but only $2 for the rest of the auction so will have to settle for much lesser players near the end of the auction; some folk do apply this strategy (studs & duds).

We take turns suggesting players until we all have a full roster. There is a level of strategy in who you suggest and when; some players get way overvalued and some go for a bargain, that's what makes the auction drafts exciting.

I think we need a "rule" for this league; if you're in you HAVE to be in the live draft. Auctions are horrific when 1 or more guys auto-draft.

Archived