MANAGEMENT CHANGE AT ASHFIELD?

catcoach

With the brothers funding the speedway team and stadium redevelopment you can see some cash making its way to the football club to get the back up to a decent level.

Not sure who,for the job, but I know the brothers from the local body shop are keen to make a success of both the football and speedway, not necessary in that order. And both are rolling in it and want to give something back to the community to be proud of. I can see them spending to get what they want.

John's definitely away. Hope he gets back in the game soon. Not many people would have done a better job than he did given the circumstances. Ashfield used over 60 players last season. New manager is called Raymond docherty I think.

Heard but not sure if its correct the new managers name is Robert Docherty looked up the net and i am wondering if its the same Robert Docherety that was a youth coach at Celtic and managed Celtic Ladies ?

Yes was the manager of Celtic Ladies , No experience of the junior game but was a good player at senior , very tough opponent but not sure what like he will be able to bring in terms of junior wise or maybe his contact's at senior may bring in some players.

Talk of a heafty budget , I am also led to believe Graham diamond from the SFA will work alongside Robert so between should be able to string together a few players . . . . Even more so with the financial backing the fossena brothers are giving ! BIG PLANS FOR THE CLUB TO CREATE AN ACADEMY PATHWAY , similar to rossvale . . . . which also maybe explain's mr diamonds involvement ???

Archived