You can't unless you have the "Master" copy of the track.

When making a CD, all different instruments, vocals etc. are recorded as seperate tracks or "layers". When the song is recorded to commercial CDs for sale, all the layers are grouped together and recorded as one layer.

It's impossible to seperate them on a commercial CD. There might be some programmes that claim to be able to extract the vocal track etc. but in my experience these don't work.

The only way you could do it would be to have the Master Copy and put it through a 64-track and isolate the different layers.

You can't unless you have the "Master" copy of the track.

When making a CD, all different instruments, vocals etc. are recorded as seperate tracks or "layers". When the song is recorded to commercial CDs for sale, all the layers are grouped together and recorded as one layer.

It's impossible to seperate them on a commercial CD. There might be some programmes that claim to be able to extract the vocal track etc. but in my experience these don't work.

The only way you could do it would be to have the Master Copy and put it through a 64-track and isolate the different layers.

626498[/snapback]

I knew there would be a geek out there. Could've guessed which team he'd support too. :lol::lol:

Archived