Celebration Injuries

Mrs Dee Dee is a keen practitioner of practical jokes, especially around the festive season.

Boxing Day 2011. After a thoroughly enjoyable meal, the previous day's leftover turkey, spuds, sprouts etc. served up in one of those giant yorkshires and drowned in gravy. I felt the need to satisfy my sweet tooth, nae bather as there was plenty o tubs of sweets from the previous day. Slack handful of mini Mars, milky ways and small geezers(my own personal moniker for maltesers) would do the trick. It would do more than that!

I clocked the cylindrical tub still sitting unopened, at least it appeared to be, underneath the tree. Peeled off the, what I still believed to be untampered with, seal and popped the lid. What greeted me was not a selection of neatly wrapped chocolate treats but a mini swarm of WuTang Killer bees. The Mrs had scoffed the chocs and replaced them with bees months before. I woke them up when I cracked the lid and pissed them right aff. To tell the truth, I lost the power of sight after the fourth sting to the pus but the video footage is hilarious. Myself flailing my arms about screaming like a wee lassie whilst being repeatedly dive bombed by some angry bees. Think Andy Bell fae Erasure, minus the bees of course. It certainly cheered me up no end watching it daily, once my sight returned, for two months from my hospital bed.

For the record, I've not had a celebration since.

Countless bruises to knees, shins and calves celebrating, also ended up shirtless and flat on my back four rows down from where I was sitting when we equalised in the Ramsden's Cup final.

Archived