Darvel Juniors 2015/16.

alandinho999

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Walsh is a good centre half and also thought Dougie Robertson should have stayed on,he needs a run in midfield good energy and can create.

Walsh is a good centre half but if the manager is going with the 3 he has chosen then he needs to be on the bench not find a place for him in midfield the same way the do for gilmour I also agree Robertson does need a run of games but it was the easy option to take him off on Saturday as whoever made the decision didn't want to upset the assistant manager

I thought the 2 boys in central defence for Darvel done ok but where dragged out of position because of weak full backs and central midfield. The boy gilmour is a great left back but he's never a midfielder, experience won on the day ... But why wasn't 3 young fast fit young men not used

they played 3 at the back Gilmour was wingback!!!!!

I thought it was a strange selection yesterday but ultimately would not have mattered when ur down to 10 men inside 10 minutes , I know it's human nature to bring him down but probably better letting him score and keepin 11 against 11 as I still think this team are capable of beating anyone in this league , certainly a better team than Irvine vics , girvan I can't comment as it was 11-10 for the whole game nearly but I never saw anything that would suggest they are better than darvel , one thing in my opinion that needs to happen is kenny Parris needs to play in the middle of midfield , he's far better in there

I thought it was a strange selection yesterday but ultimately would not have mattered when ur down to 10 men inside 10 minutes , I know it's human nature to bring him down but probably better letting him score and keepin 11 against 11 as I still think this team are capable of beating anyone in this league , certainly a better team than Irvine vics , girvan I can't comment as it was 11-10 for the whole game nearly but I never saw anything that would suggest they are better than darvel , one thing in my opinion that needs to happen is kenny Parris needs to play in the middle of midfield , he's far better in there

2-1 and 4-0 defeats at home would suggest otherwise

Totally agree parris and Henderson played there in the ardagh games and they looked more solid and creative

They played three at the back for most of the game so when the centrebacks were getting dragged wide it was because the wingbacks were pushing on it changed to four later in the game probably to late.

i don't know the players names but they played 4 at the back the 2 cb that started the no2 who was lucky to stay on the park for lashing out twice off the ball then the short haired boy at left back

Think your wrong there, don't remember myself lashing out to anyone.

Maybe in the heat of the game you just forget , you had a wee nibble at Paul Cameron and tony Murphy after the ball was away its hand bag stuff if there was linesmen you wouldn't get away with it

Think you've got yourself mixed up and got myself confused with another player. Don't recall any "handbag" stuff with any Girvan player.

Straven Are you related to Henderson as most of your posts are about him and criticising others?[/quote

Not related I like him as a player the same way I like others at darvel I only call as I see it

That's fair enough Straven, your entitled to your opinion but I have yet to see or hear anyone agreeing with it.

Reading the comments its clear girvan were much the better side and deserved the victory darvel legend once again has gone quiet or blaming the ref

Yes Girvan were the better side as Darvel were poor so Girvan deserved the victory. After the Darvel keeper was sent of the team couldn't adjust to playing against the extra man. All credit to Girvan for taking advantage and winning the game. I look forward to the next meeting and hopefully it will be 11 against 11 lol

Archived