TV, phone and Broadband.

For years I was a sky customer for all of the above, but upon realising I could get a better deal I left in April.

They didn't let me go easily but I got there and signed up wi Now TV and BT for the Broadband.

Now I keep getting pestered rotten by SKY to return to them.

Surely, even if I wanted too I can't just quit BT as I'm signed up for a year?

Why are Sky wasting their time?

For years I was a sky customer for all of the above, but upon realising I could get a better deal I left in April.

They didn't let me go easily but I got there and signed up wi Now TV and BT for the Broadband.

They need your money to help keep the EPL bubble from bursting.

I left sky this year after being a loyal customer to them for 10 years, all I got for my loyalty was ever increasing prices, no rewards for my loyalty and a £5 charge they sneaked onto my bill for not having my phone with them. So I left them immediately, switching to BT I'm saving almost 30 quid and that's with phone, unlimited fibre and tv

Is that the Now TV that's owned and operated by Sky?

They need your money to help keep the EPL bubble from bursting.

It's very true.

Should've heard the Sky boy on the phone when I told him I don't watch any English football in the house because I'm out all weekend and you've lost the Champ lge so I don't need sky sports at all.

He never had the scripted answer for that ????????????????

• 3 weeks later...

Just sacked Sky, had TV phone & broadband but had reduced TV to minimum package after having all the bells and whistles but never really watching anything on it.

Moving to Virgin and getting the full package, sports & movies, unlimited phone, Broadband and another box for the bedroom for the same price as Sky's minimum package. Delighted.

What are peoples experience with Virgin? is the Tivo box any good? I actually really liked the Sky+ HD interface and im worried im gonna miss it. How is the Broadband? I believe it is 152MB fibre optic we are getting. Phone i couldnt really care about as we never use it.

Just sacked Sky, had TV phone & broadband but had reduced TV to minimum package after having all the bells and whistles but never really watching anything on it.

Moving to Virgin and getting the full package, sports & movies, unlimited phone, Broadband and another box for the bedroom for the same price as Sky's minimum package. Delighted.

What are peoples experience with Virgin? is the Tivo box any good? I actually really liked the Sky+ HD interface and im worried im gonna miss it. How is the Broadband? I believe it is 152MB fibre optic we are getting. Phone i couldnt really care about as we never use it.

TiVo is absolutely shite IMO compared to Sky's TV, the interface is horrific and it regularly just randomly records programmes I have no intentions of watching. Also the choice of channels is pretty poor compared to Sky and no Sky Atlantic is pretty shite.

The internet is the fucking mutts nuts though, absolutely terrific. Regularly get speeds of 140+ no matter what time of day and can have 4/5 devices connected and it doesn't effect the speed on any.

Away to move into my first flat in a few weeks and I'm wondering what the best deals out there is for the above?

Preferably I'd like fast broadband(doesn't have to be the fastest) and a TV package that has HD and has sport channels. I don't give a f**k about movies etc.

I have been looking online and I've got a rough idea but just looking for a helping hand.

Archived