Bundesliga 2024/25

17 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

I had a look online this afternoon and couldn’t see the BL3 fixtures yet.

Any idea when they come out? 

I think some time next week. The website said 1st week in july. I've been keeping an eye on them for my January trip next year. 

https://www.liga3-online.de/drittliga-saison-2018-19-alle-infos-daten-und-fakten

The paragraph that starts with spielplan says the fixtures are out on 5th July.

Edited by atfccfc
To add link

14 hours ago, German Jag said:

Checked as to what happened last season.

Match pairings were announced on 5th July, with the exact days & times for Game days 1 through to 6 announced a week later on the 12th. So would expect similar.

DFL now checks with the police / transport police as to what sets of fans they're willing to tolerate travelling on the same day.

How long in advance do they announce the days/times for 1.Bundesliga fixtures later in the season? I'm looking for the weekend of 8th December, when I'm near the Dutch/German border and would like to pop across the border for a game.

Edited by Marten

18 hours ago, atfccfc said:

I think some time next week. The website said 1st week in july. I've been keeping an eye on them for my January trip next year. 

https://www.liga3-online.de/drittliga-saison-2018-19-alle-infos-daten-und-fakten

The paragraph that starts with spielplan says the fixtures are out on 5th July.

Thank you. Hoping to do a long weekend and go to Kaiserslautern and Karlsruhe matches, although probably early in 2019. Karlsruhe quite often play on Friday nights which should help.

4 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Thank you. Hoping to do a long weekend and go to Kaiserslautern and Karlsruhe matches, although probably early in 2019. Karlsruhe quite often play on Friday nights which should help.

No problem. I'm heading out near and of January. Probably to North Rhine Westphalia. Both Borussia's are at home so hope to get tickets for them. Dusseldorf and Bochum are also at home but seen them last season. All the other teams in the region are away.  So hope at least two of the five teams in 3. Liga are at home this time. Fortuna Koln should be. If not. Might head East to the Berlin and Saxony region as there are four/five possible games including both Berlin teams. 

10 hours ago, Marten said:

How long in advance do they announce the days/times for 1.Bundesliga fixtures later in the season? I'm looking for the weekend of 8th December, when I'm near the Dutch/German border and would like to pop across the border for a game.

Based on the last couple of seasons, games through to the end of September (Matchdays 1-6) will be announced within the next couple of days.

Once it's known who'll be in the Champions & Europa Leagues, then the fixtures to start/mid November will be released.

IIRC for last season it was ca. mid October that the fixtures through to Christmas were released.

On the weekend in question you've got Gladbach, Leverkusen & Bochum all at home (Bremen as well depending on how far North in the Netherlands you are). I'll be in Frankfurt.

No problem. I'm heading out near and of January. Probably to North Rhine Westphalia. Both Borussia's are at home so hope to get tickets for them. Dusseldorf and Bochum are also at home but seen them last season. All the other teams in the region are away.  So hope at least two of the five teams in 3. Liga are at home this time. Fortuna Koln should be. If not. Might head East to the Berlin and Saxony region as there are four/five possible games including both Berlin teams. 
Hit me up if you want to meet for beers in or around Köln.

21 hours ago, atfccfc said:

Cannot recommend going to a Union Berlin game enough

The weekend I'm going in Sept (Düsseldorf) was unkind fixture wise. Only Duisburg, Leverkusen and Schalke at home and it's Schalke v Bayern. Been to all the NRW grounds so might go a bit further south to see Eintracht Frankfurt.

I enjoy padding out the weekend with lower league games so hopefully a couple of Regionalliga/Oberliga games too.

German Jag, any idea when RL/OL fixtures are announced?

On 02/07/2018 at 22:40, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The weekend I'm going in Sept (Düsseldorf) was unkind fixture wise. Only Duisburg, Leverkusen and Schalke at home and it's Schalke v Bayern. Been to all the NRW grounds so might go a bit further south to see Eintracht Frankfurt.

I enjoy padding out the weekend with lower league games so hopefully a couple of Regionalliga/Oberliga games too.

German Jag, any idea when RL/OL fixtures are announced?

Not seen anything as of yet. Better get a move on since it starts in just over 3 weeks. 

Fixtures for the 3. Liga get announced tomorrow. 

On 02/07/2018 at 21:40, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Been to all the NRW grounds so might go a bit further south to see Eintracht Frankfurt.

Unless things have changed drastically in the last 18 years, isn't the Waldstadion (or whatever its called these days) a bit out of the way, in the middle of nowhere?

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Unless things have changed drastically in the last 18 years, isn't the Waldstadion (or whatever its called these days) a bit out of the way, in the middle of nowhere?

2nd station (7 minutes) on the local rail network from Frankfurt central station. One of the easiest to get to. 

Regionalliga also out (well, the West one is).

For my September trip I didn't land very lucky with the BL/BL2 fixtures. Münster and Fortuna Köln both at home in Liga 3 and Wuppertal and RW Essen (the two RLW teams I'd most like to visit) both at home as well. Now just need the luck of the draw to throw up a suitable Friday night game and hopefully a Sat or Sun afternoon/evening double header

On 01/07/2018 at 15:27, Todd_is_God said:

On 01/07/2018 at 15:27, Todd_is_God said:

Noticed there average attendance is very close to capacity. If I choose Berlin then they are at home to Koln. Is getting tickets for Union easy/hard or next to impossible?

On 30/06/2018 at 19:38, Stellaboz said:
On 30/06/2018 at 18:19, atfccfc said:

Hit me up if you want to meet for beers in or around Köln.

Will do. 

3.liga has thrown up Fortuna,  Lotte, Osnabruck and Uerdingen (playing in Duisburg) in the North Rhine area for me the week I'm there. 

11 hours ago, German Jag said:

2nd station (7 minutes) on the local rail network from Frankfurt central station. One of the easiest to get to. 

I've been there, just found it to be rather oddly out the way. Take your point about it being easy to get to though.

Did a bit of googling, stunned to find Frankfurt am Main Stadion (formerly Sportsfeld) to be the station in Frankfurt used by the most trains each day. I don't think I ever saw anyone else on the platforms any time Ive been there.

37 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Noticed there average attendance is very close to capacity. If I choose Berlin then they are at home to Koln. Is getting tickets for Union easy/hard or next to impossible?

Yeah they have 11,500 season ticket holders, and over 20,000 members. Pretty sure all season ticket holders can purchase 1 extra ticket to all games before general sale. If Union are doing well at the time you are going you might struggle as Cologne will be a big game.

General sale tickets only come out 6 weeks before the game.

I emailed them before the Braunschweig game last season as I was going to be on holiday when they came out, and they sold me 2 tickets for Sector 3O (side terrace, middle block, lower) but by all accounts them doing that is rare. I told them I was over celebrating my wedding (which was true) which may have helped.

Worth a try though. Good luck. Its a fantastic place to watch football and I can't wait to go home.