Bundesliga 2024/25

I watched both the games this afternoon. I wouldn't be surprised if all four teams involved ended up in the bottom 6-7 at the end of the season.

Stuttgart-Darmstadt was pretty stuffy. Darmstadt's away form has been excellent and I can see how they scratch out results, they kept it tight and tried to hit on the counter while Stuttgart huffed and puffed. Once Stuttgart took the lead it opened up a bit and Darmstadt pushed on somewhat but still threatened mainly from set pieces. They were unlucky not to equalise with a couple of crosses into the box but couldn't convert and Stuttgart sealed it late on the break. Darmstadt were like a lower league side away to a top tier team in the cup. I can see them picking up points against better teams that way but I don't think it's sustainable. Good win for Stuttgart.

HSV-Hannover was a strange one. HSV took the lead early and were almost too comfortable. It was a pretty dire game until a Hannover player dived and won a penalty after an hour which they scored. HSV took a while to get going again and Hannover took the lead. HSV didn't create much and lost a game they really need to be winning to stay out of a relegation scrap. The team looks really disjointed again and there aren't many goals in it.

I watched both the games this afternoon. I wouldn't be surprised if all four teams involved ended up in the bottom 6-7 at the end of the season.

---------------------

HSV-Hannover was a strange one. HSV took the lead early and were almost too comfortable. It was a pretty dire game until a Hannover player dived and won a penalty after an hour which they scored. HSV took a while to get going again and Hannover took the lead. HSV didn't create much and lost a game they really need to be winning to stay out of a relegation scrap. The team looks really disjointed again and there aren't many goals in it.

3 points for H96 was certainly a smash & grab job, with H96 riding their luck as regards referee decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTPzGipWvf4

Home to Monchengladbach in April. Any help with trains/buses, tickets and pubs/places to eat would be helpful if you're local, cheers!

Train tickets for the weekend in question will go on sale mid January. Best to check the Bahn website for group tickets, once you have an idea as to how many there are of you.

Trains, trams, buses once you're in the Hannover metropolitan area are covered on match day (before and after the game) as long as you have your match ticket on you.

Link for the long distance buses is http://meinfernbus.de/en

From the main train station, it's either a ca. 25 minute walk or take the subway (line 3, 7 or 9) to Waterloo.

If walking, then the Markthalle is a place worth going. All types of cuisine and beer.

If on the subway, then there is a large beer garden just outside Waterloo station, plus at the end of the (5 minute) walk from there to the stadium there are numerous beer / sausage stalls plus one of the main fan pubs (also with beer garden), the Nordkurve.

Other H96 orientated pubs within a ca. 10 - 15 walk from the stadium are:-

Böser Wolf http://www.undderboesewolf.de/

Härtekrug http://hannover.restaurant-tipps.com/Hannover/Kneipen/Haerte-Krug/364/

The Harp https://www.facebook.com/harpbusiness/

Gaston http://www.yelp.de/biz/bistro-gaston-hannover

Match tickets will be easy to get a hold of. The game will probably end up as sold-out but without the mad rush for tix associated with games against Bayern Munich / Borussia Dortmund.

Tickets will probably go on sale mid February or so. Ticketing web-site is https://www.hannover96.de/tickets.html

Don't think they do deliveries overseas, nor do they do print-at-home tickets. If needing any help drop me a pm.

Hope the above is of help. Sorry about the lack of English in most of the links, but a google-map is available in most of them.

Can anyone tell me when the dates for the final two round of fixtures before the winter break might be announced. I was quite surprised to see the fixture last being fixed for as far ahead as it was. A few of us are heading to Stuttgart v Wolfsburg on the last weekend before the break.

Fixtures for rounds 16 through to 20 announced today.

Stuttgart v. Wolfsburg is at 18:30 on the Saturday.

My apologies it was Kevin Gallagher.

Hertha looked good again tonight, Kalou is quality. Could be a good shout for a Europa League spot.

Hertha were well worth the win in what was a very mediocre game. The amount of times that posession was given away (by both teams) due to misplaced passes etc. was very high.

H96 games till the end of the 1st set of fixtures are Gladbach, Ingolstadt, Schalke, Hoffenheim & Bayern.

Anything less than 6 points from those will likely see Frontzeck getting the bullet.

Pretty sure that they do aye. Within the Munich metropolitan area.

Cheers mate, I was just wondering if it was similar to the Bundesliga tickets not that it's expensive to get an mvv ticket.

Better league than the English premier league in my honest opinion

Probably the best league football in the world right now, and has been for the best part of the past 10 years.

I used to have bein sports and would watch most games from each round for the past 4 seasons, got bein cut off now but I still watch most Bayern games online and few Dortmund too.

There's pure class and a real passion throughout all the bundesliga teams, not just the top few teams, think that and of course the fans make it the best league in the world.

I like the Bundesliga as an experience and went to as many games as I did English last year however I can't agree it's close to European best whilst bayern are so dominant. And it's not the best quality either as European results tend to show. Great pretzels, curry wurst, pints in seats and value for money however.

And they'll never be relegated. Or even close. One good season and the stars will be back in the highest living standard in Europe.

Hamburg are the best team to watch at the end of the season, these days the title race is all over by then, the excitement is down the bottom of the table to see if the dinosaurs will stay up. Cut it so close last season.