All Hurlford United chat 2015/16

The'FORD

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Pollok Twitter, they had 400+ travelling supporters!

I would say that's a fair appraisal. I would have estimated circa 500. Home support was bolstered by lots of fans who would have been at Rugby Park normally.

Quarter final was definitely busier.

As for Hendo's job being on the line if we don't win the Scottish or the League, that's just laughable!

I would say that's a fair appraisal. I would have estimated circa 500. Home support was bolstered by lots of fans who would have been at Rugby Park normally.

Quarter final was definitely busier.

As for Hendo's job being on the line if we don't win the Scottish or the League, that's just laughable!

Listen not that I'm in the no or anything but football is a results busness now say you where putting money into a club and the team only won the ayrshire last year and win nothing this year do you think you would still invest or would you think time for a change ?

Listen not that I'm in the no or anything but football is a results busness now say you where putting money into a club and the team only won the ayrshire last year and win nothing this year do you think you would still invest or would you think time for a change ?

Firstly, we've won the league cup this season already so can't go out empty handed, but as the original comment was about a big trophy we'll ignore that. I don't know what our investors are thinking, but if it was me I wouldn't change the manager. Others may be of a different opinion.

As regards pressure in the second leg. IMO Pollok will now be slight favourites therefore the players will feel slightly more pressure. It's nothing to do with money or investors, quite simply the fact that they are close to the final and some players handled the expectation better than others.

Since our match at Pollok in December off I stated that Lok are easily the best side we have faced all season. Yesterday did not change that opinion.

Firstly, we've won the league cup this season already so can't go out empty handed, but as the original comment was about a big trophy we'll ignore that. I don't know what our investors are thinking, but if it was me I wouldn't change the manager. Others may be of a different opinion.

As regards pressure in the second leg. IMO Pollok will now be slight favourites therefore the players will feel slightly more pressure. It's nothing to do with money or investors, quite simply the fact that they are close to the final and some players handled the expectation better than others.

Since our match at Pollok in December off I stated that Lok are easily the best side we have faced all season. Yesterday did not change that opinion.

So do you think winning the league cup is a good return on money invested in the team that's all I'm saying. I'm not talking about pollok are the best team you have played but if your get beat will that make it ok then ?

I understand your comment about favourites as the game is at Newlandsfield. However where you say Pollok are the best side you have came up against this season, I think most Lok fans would be in agreement the other way around.

Yesterday was an excellent result for Pollok and shows our improvement over the last few years. We had not left Blair park with anything since your promotion to the top league. So it's nice to finally not lose!

But next Saturday it's two good sides with very little between them playing a one off tie. I don't think there is anything separating the sides and I don't think the game being at home for Pollok will matter to how Hurlford approach the game as I am sure they fancy their chances just the same.

Let's hope there is another good crowd and the game played in the good spirits as it was yesterday with lots of passion but never spilling over on or off the pitch.

As for my previous comments last night asking if the pressure is on your manager...I was part at the wind up, and part just asking a question. As I am not sure of the expectation around Hurlford and was interested to know.

I understand your comment about favourites as the game is at Newlandsfield. However where you say Pollok are the best side you have came up against this season, I think most Lok fans would be in agreement the other way around.

As for my previous comments last night asking if the pressure is on your manager...I was part at the wind up, and part just asking a question. As I am not sure of the expectation around Hurlford and was interested to know.

My answer is that I don't think he is under pressure but I don't know.

Good win for Ford yesterday. I was covering the game for the Kilmarnock Standard.. first Ford game I have been to in a while, nice bunch of lads at the game. I reckon I'll be covering more games so looking forward to going more. Had an interview with Henderson too who was nice.

Anyway just popping into say I enjoyed the game and my time at Blair Park!

Archived