• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Jack is a far superior player especially when he doesn't have 'broonies' cloak of yellow-card invincibility to keep him on the park.

For those of you who don't know, young Ryan has just been named Aberdeens new captain and i fully expect him to captain Scotland one day soon too.

Scotty B, hate him in a sellik top, think he makes a valuable contribution in the national side but is really just a crude, poor mans Ryan Jack (current Aberdeen captain, future Scotland captain).

Celtic made him, he was never going to keep playing the way he did at hibs. His attitude and silly bookings would've been his downfall but celtic (strachan?) made him grow up.

He was a cocky young laddie with a swagger.

He's picked up just as many yellow cards at Celtic on average as he did at Hibs also and that's without him getting away with everything old firm style.

Celtic didn't make Scott Brown, they ruined the player he could have been. With a better manager he could have channeled his aggressive streak and his will to win into a top top player.

Ryan Jack is a far superior player especially when he doesn't have 'broonies' cloak of yellow-card invincibility to keep him on the park.

For those of you who don't know, young Ryan has just been named Aberdeens new captain and i fully expect him to captain Scotland one day soon too.

Scotty B, hate him in a sellik top, think he makes a valuable contribution in the national side but is really just a crude, poor mans Ryan Jack (current Aberdeen captain, future Scotland captain).

Ryan Jack won't get more than 10 caps

He was a cocky young laddie with a swagger.

He's picked up just as many yellow cards at Celtic on average as he did at Hibs also and that's without him getting away with everything old firm style.

Celtic didn't make Scott Brown, they ruined the player he could have been. With a better manager he could have channeled his aggressive streak and his will to win into a top top player.

Celtic turned him into a player who controls games rather than one who charged about like a headless chicken. He's a better player now.

Agreed that he didn't quite fulfill his early potential but still one of Scotlands most important players of the last 10 years.

I like him (except against Aberdeen), he's clearly a complete nutter.

Ryan Jack should eclipse his career but will need to make some wise choices.

This year he's actually added some great passes to his game. Mind he had one spectacular assist to Griffiths towards the end of last season for example. One of the thing Celtic players are evaluated on is forward passes and I think that is something he has changed under Deila.

:lol:

In all seriousness though when's he going to break into the squad never mind the team? Next years WC qualifiers maybe?

I personally can't see him having a big part to play with Scotland. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong though.

I can see the likes of Fraser/Armstrong/GMS/Allan/Watt/Souttar/Gauld all becoming regulars at some point but not Jack.

Brown had made his Scotland debut by the time he was 20 and he only has 40 odd caps. Jack will possibly start becoming a regular in the squad by the time he's 25.

Eta: although I would've said the same about some of the players we have now though. Next few years key for him. I think he needs a move away from Aberdeen though if I'm honest.

Brown must have been missing the invisibility cloak when he was harshly red carded at Pittodrie last season eh?

Celtic turned him into a player who controls games rather than one who charged about like a headless chicken. He's a better player now.

No they didn't. They put him in a side better than the rest than the league by a mile therefore creating more space for him to dictate matters. He was never a headless chicken by the time he left Hibs although I would concede he is a better player now through age and condition they ruined a massive part of his potential.

It was Hibs though so you will never admit to that.

Scott Brown is an average player, who looks good for Celtic playing against inferior opposition constantly in the diddy SPL. For Scotland, he's never really been great, and recently against Ireland, other than our left back, Brown was our worst player.

Unfortunately for Scotland, Brown has played his whole career in the SPL. If he'd moved to England when he was younger I think he'd have become a far better player.

Spot on.

Ok. I have literally no idea who Fraser is. Are you on about To y Watt?! As for the others, I can only see Armstrong and Souttar being regulars. Gauls at a push, but he'll more than likely be used as a luxury player.

Ryan Fraser, just turned 21, played 21 times for Bournemouth last year, 63 appearances in total for them already. Ipswich have just loaned him for a season. Tricky pacey sturdy winger, impressed when I saw him last year. And yes Tony Watt, read what Charlton fans have to say about him on their forums, second half of last season he was fantastic for them. Also just turned 21. Can't think of any other strikers coming through with his ability.

As a central midfielder he has Brown and Morrison who still have another 3/4 years in them for Scotland there. I don't personally really rate Jack as a player too much anyway but even then I can't ever see him making a big impact for the national team in that position.

Like I said though I would've said the same about a few in the current Scotland squad when they were the same age.

Next few years massive for him.

For Scotland, he's never really been great

:lol:

Come on now Milesy you know that isn't true.

That'll be how he is fans favourite, captain and the first name on the teamsheet for Scotland is it.

As a Hampden regular for the past 10 year I've never seen a player get the same treatment from Scotland fans that Broony has had apart from Faddy and at a push Gordon/Fletcher. But according to you he's never been good for us... No having it.

What a ridiculously myopic statement. You clearly know f**k all about world football if you think he would have been some sort of star. :lol::lol::lol:

Thats obviously your opinion and as a hearts fan I would imagine it is extremely blinkered. He most definitely could have become a star down south had he chosen to. The same way in a non-blinkered way Craig Gordon could have also hasn't it been for injuries. Charlie Adam played for Liverpool ffs.

No they didn't. They put him in a side better than the rest than the league by a mile therefore creating more space for him to dictate matters. He was never a headless chicken by the time he left Hibs although I would concede he is a better player now through age and condition they ruined a massive part of his potential.

It was Hibs though so you will never admit to that.

Why wouldn't I admit he was a good player at hibs? Do I have a record for doing so?

Brown was good at hibs, Celtic made him a better player. It's an opinion, he didn't control games at hibs the way he does now.

Why wouldn't I admit he was a good player at hibs? Do I have a record for doing so?

Brown was good at hibs, Celtic made him a better player. It's an opinion, he didn't control games at hibs the way he does now.

I have no idea if you have a record for doing so Aylo, I'm fairly new to this forum.

Okay, that's fair enough. My point was he could have been a much better player than he is today at another side, Celtic in my opinion took away a part of his game that let him express himself more frequently instead of being the anchor man. I reckon he would have flourished more in that role with the energy and skill he has but he has improved his game none the less since joining them.

I have no idea if you have a record for doing so Aylo, I'm fairly new to this forum.

Okay, that's fair enough. My point was he could have been a much better player than he is today at another side, Celtic in my opinion took away a part of his game that let him express himself more frequently instead of being the anchor man. I reckon he would have flourished more in that role with the energy and skill he has but he has improved his game none the less since joining them.

I reckon he's too clumsy to have been a tricky central/wide player as the years have gone on and he has physically gotten bigger. From what I remember at Hibs he had a smaller build and his pace got him past players and out of trouble. I'd say he's fulfilled his potential being captain of the best Scotland side we've had during his career. I think a move to England would've been good for him instead of or after a spell at Celtic but at the end of the day I don't think he will have any regrets.

As said. He is our most important and influential player. If not necessarily our best in technical terms. An excellent captain also. He bosses games and and bullys opponents. But he is also a good footballer as well. He is the type of player every team needs.

Archived