Serie A 2015/16

paul-r-cfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football Italia

[http://www]

Roma call in Lippi

There are reports Roma contacted Marcello Lippi to take over from Rudi Garcia after their Coppa Italia exit to Spezia.

The Giallorossi have given their Coach one more chance in Serie A against Genoa on Sunday, but are already said to be preparing Plan B.

According to Vocegiallorossa.it, Roma directors contacted Lippi straight after the elimination on penalties to Serie B outfit Spezia today.

Former Italy, Juventus and Inter Coach Lippi has said repeatedly he’s looking to get back to work and is open to receiving interesting proposals.

The World Cup winner has already been linked with the Lazio job, having been spotted in the stands during Lazio-Juventus.

It looks as if Lippi’s next step will be in the Italian Capital, on one side of the Olimpico or the other.

There are some alternative options for the Giallorossi, including Walter Mazzarri and former Roma boss Luciano Spalletti.

post-16584-14502951446755_thumb.jpg

Lippi would be a decent stopgap until the summer, I wouldn't fancy him beyond that - unless he does a tremendous job, of course.

Could Prandelli be a shout? Didn't do terrifically well at Galatasaray, but impressed with Italy on the whole, and his record before that with Fiorentina is impressive.

Who do Roma go for after Lippi in the Summer though? They won't get Conte, Ancelotti was rumoured a few months back but I doubt that was going to happen anyway.

I wanted Garcia out in the summer, the only trouble is I don't know who would replace him. His 4-3-3 formation using the same tactics were going stale towards the end of his 1st season in charge, teams had figured them out. Why he still uses it baffles me, he either won't change it through stubbornness or he can't implement new ideas. I think he tried to use 4-5-1 two or three times but he always goes back to his normal formation for the next game. I think he had the exact same issues at Lille too.

The 7-1 defeat to Bayern last year ruined the confidence of the squad and it still hasn't fully recovered, the fans have slowly been turning on the team, manager and owners since. The poor performances on the park since January and the whole issue with the curva sud this season have made matters worse. The Bate defeat sealed Garcia's fate imo, it was a total embarrassment. It wasn't helped with the draw in Leverkusen despite being 4-2 up and the Barca defeat was his 3rd or 4th humiliation in Europe. It will be interesting to see where he ends up once he leaves Roma.

Now seems Luciano Spalletti is set to take over on Monday regardless of the result against Genoa. Not before time. Too late though I'd say for the Scudetto after this barren run since the lazio game. This year was a bug opportunity for roma :(

2-2 at HT, this has been absolutely brilliant. Empoli lead twice, and pegged back twice. The second Empoli goal from Maccarone was a superb team goal, and he celebrates with a wee chug of beer on the sideline. An absolute shocker from the keeper handed Destro a chance on a plate to make it 2-2. Empoli probably should be in front, they've created more and even hit the post. More of this in the second 45, please.

Never a dull weekend in Serie A is there?

A cracker between Bologna and Empoli last night and seemingly Carpi v Juventus was similar.

Roma stumbling to a 2-0 win over Genoa, Dzeko misses a sitter then gets sent off for telling the referee to f**k off after not getting a penalty, then Sadiq scores his first ever Serie A goal, only 18, too. Genoa did have chances as well.

Napoli won 3-1 at Atalanta but made it hard for themselves, going 1-0 up early in the second half, before conceding a couple of minutes later. Managed to get back in front but then got Jorginho sent off. Higuian scored to make it three, then Paletta was sent off for Atalanta at the end and Hamsik missed the penalty - after scoring one earlier.

Fiorentina with a comfortable win over Chievo. 2-0 up after about half an hour and the game was over then you imagine.

Verona still winless but a decent point at home to Sassuolo - who I had on my coupon. Sassuolo drop a little off the top 5 now, whilst Verona are still 8 points adrift of safety.

Frosinone v Milan, Torino v Udinese, Samp v Palermo and then Inter v Lazio still to come tonight. 20 goals in 6 games so far, would imagine there will be a fair few in those last 4 as well.

Ridiculously tight at the top of the league. Inter v Lazio tonight should be great, with Lazio really needing a win in the league to get their fans back on their side. All the other teams hoping for a Lazio win too.

Q00qb23.png

Ridiculously tight at the top of the league. Inter v Lazio tonight should be great, with Lazio really needing a win in the league to get their fans back on their side. All the other teams hoping for a Lazio win too.

Q00qb23.png

Hoping for a Lazio win just to keep it that tight going in to the new year. Although it would mean Juventus would just be a win away from possibly going back to the top. Hmm.

Archived