The have a go at Ruggie / the wee glens thread

RobRoyGuy

haha loving the thread, Rutherglen were my first experience of junior football when I lived in the south side during the co-manager era so all good in my hood. Met Glensmad at Ardeer of all places, I asked the committee guys/supporters who he was and a slightly reluctant man stood forward claiming to be him. I have no proof it was actually him other than he spent a fair amount of time on his phone (on here i'm guessing) but was a top gent. One of the gold fish had died while I was out so that is defo glensmad's fault, without question.

Ha ha, yes it was me. I was on my phone so much during and after the game as I use it as a dictaphone, a camera, and for the Twitter updates, then at the end of the game to update the website and Facebook pages.

Played against Ladeside in the semis at Rugby Park did he not. Had a great game remember one he tipped over the bar from a brilliant Vinny Kerr header.

He did indeed. I was only 6 at the time, my only memory of that night is Tony booting the ball up the pitch and the referee blowing for full time, prompting mayhem all around me.

Ha ha, yes it was me. I was on my phone so much during and after the game as I use it as a dictaphone, a camera, and for the Twitter updates, then at the end of the game to update the website and Facebook pages.

Poor phone will be glad of the holiday.

Your fault i dropped it when i ran out the door this morning, you owe me a new phone if any damage to this one!

P&B's Livingstone / Stanley moment (8.56 in) filmed at the Jacques Cousteau Stadium last season,where glensmad was definitely at fault for introducing RRG to the old Ruggie 'touch,then doff yer bunnet' ritual. :)

Not that im bitter about it but seemingly Glensmad came to our west semi final v Pollok with 10 minutes to go and we went from 2 nil up to getting beat 3-2. Four Years ago n i still think its his fault!

Peter saw the good news you guys had on twitter congratulations to the manager family on that.

Something caught my eye, the manager son is on the committee? he runs the nearby club. Must have safest job in junior football your manager!

Archived