Sky Bet Football League 2015-16

jagfox

Every game home and away?

You've probably got a bit of point about me posting about every game and lots of the time it's just pretty bland stuff but most of it is done in the face of constant criticism of anything Liverpool. If Middlesbrough got the same treatment - particularly about the fans - I'm sure you'd do the same.

I stumbled across this 3/4 years ago having read the East of Scotland League forum for Whitehill stuff and I have to say it's nowhere near as bad as the nonsense written back then but there's still plenty.

Nah nearly every home game, then usually a few aways as well. I think the Liverpool stuff is deserved tbh, but even if it wasn't I don't see how posting up bland match reports is hitting back at anyone.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think Rab seems a good guy. He may support a bunch of shitehawks but I respect that he follows them around the country

This is pretty much my thinking too. Takes commitment to actually go to all the games and I respect that he actually does go to games rather than most "fans" of EPL clubs who've never been in the city, nevermind the ground. I still don't understand the need to post up boring match reports though, nobody cares about Liverpool beating Sunderland and how they performed.

I like reading what both HM and Rab write about Boro and Liverpool, like I said elsewhere Rab must be the only guy to regularly get to EPL games and HM must be the only guy that goes to Championship games so much.

Everybody should just stop fucking moaning, there's no individual match threads for these games like there is for all the Scottish clubs we support.

I like reading what both HM and Rab write about Boro and Liverpool, like I said elsewhere Rab must be the only guy to regularly get to EPL games and HM must be the only guy that goes to Championship games so much.

Everybody should just stop fucking moaning, there's no individual match threads for these games like there is for all the Scottish clubs we support.

Fair enough but you must be one of the very few. It's a scottish football forum where nobody cares about Liverpool/Middlesbrough so unless someone mentions them or asks a question I tend to not post about the games, not sure why Rab bothers.

Fair enough but you must be one of the very few. It's a scottish football forum where nobody cares about Liverpool/Middlesbrough so unless someone mentions them or asks a question I tend to not post about the games, not sure why Rab bothers.

Aye but these forums are dedicated to these leagues. If it was hard to avoid them then I could maybe understand but it literally takes a few seconds to scroll past a post.

The people making a fuss are way more annoying for everybody surely.

Supporting an English club myself I quite enjoy reading too. I don't really contribute to the thread to the extent Rab and Honest Man do cause I'm a lazy b*****d but it doesn't mean I don't like reading, pretty sure there will be a few others in the same predicament.

This is pretty much my thinking too. Takes commitment to actually go to all the games and I respect that he actually does go to games rather than most "fans" of EPL clubs who've never been in the city, nevermind the ground. I still don't understand the need to post up boring match reports though, nobody cares about Liverpool beating Sunderland and how they performed.

Thanks for the first part HM :)

Surely though a bit of chat about being at the game and what happened is at least as meaningful as folk commenting on what they've seen on the telly?

Will let you know how it goes at the Boleyn Ground on Saturday :lol:

Thanks for the first part HM :)

Surely though a bit of chat about being at the game and what happened is at least as meaningful as folk commenting on what they've seen on the telly?

Will let you know how it goes at the Boleyn Ground on Saturday :lol:

Well IMO it's not, due to the forum you are posting on. If it's on TV and folk are watching it then there is a discussion to be had then some input is perfectly valid, but when you post a match report about a 1-0 boring away to Sunderland and nobody responds as nobody cares/nobody has seen it then I just don't see the point other than to try and get a reaction from the Liverpool detractors.

Supporting an English club myself I quite enjoy reading too. I don't really contribute to the thread to the extent Rab and Honest Man do cause I'm a lazy b*****d but it doesn't mean I don't like reading, pretty sure there will be a few others in the same predicament.

It appears I was wrong and the forums love the match reports so here's the latest. The Sheff Wed game on the 28th was a weird game where after the first 5 mins I thought it would be a rout, but we ended up clinging on towards the end (although they didn't actually have many chances). Was also good to see the stadium nearly full with 30,000 people in it. Heading down again for the Derby game tomorrow, looking like a sellout for what is a massive game. Win this and we're 4 points ahead of 2nd with a game in hand, and minimum of 5 ahead of 3rd with a game in hand (possibly more depending on Brighton and Hull results today). Good time to be a Boro fan right now.

It appears I was wrong and the forums love the match reports so here's the latest. The Sheff Wed game on the 28th was a weird game where after the first 5 mins I thought it would be a rout, but we ended up clinging on towards the end (although they didn't actually have many chances). Was also good to see the stadium nearly full with 30,000 people in it. Heading down again for the Derby game tomorrow, looking like a sellout for what is a massive game. Win this and we're 4 points ahead of 2nd with a game in hand, and minimum of 5 ahead of 3rd with a game in hand (possibly more depending on Brighton and Hull results today). Good time to be a Boro fan right now.

Honestly thought you wouldnt be as strong this season for some strange reason (perhaps the loss of Bamford) but if anything you've been more impressive this year. Was down at Ewood for the game last season (0-0) and the travelling support was tremendous. Would fancy your chances of staying in the Premier league if/when you get promoted.

As for Rovers the honeymoon period seems over after a good start from Lambert. Happy to push on for a top half finish this year and have a right go next season. There are some right duds he needs to get off the wage bill first though.

Honestly thought you wouldnt be as strong this season for some strange reason (perhaps the loss of Bamford) but if anything you've been more impressive this year. Was down at Ewood for the game last season (0-0) and the travelling support was tremendous. Would fancy your chances of staying in the Premier league if/when you get promoted.

As for Rovers the honeymoon period seems over after a good start from Lambert. Happy to push on for a top half finish this year and have a right go next season. There are some right duds he needs to get off the wage bill first though.

Bamford was excellent but we've stengthened significantly with Nugent (proven Championship striker), Downing (proven PL quality, creates loads of chances with passes that are a step ahead of Championship defenders) and Stuani (La Liga quality striker).

If we went up then I'd be confident of staying up (with keeping our main squad and adding a few players) as our defensive unit of the back four and two sitting midfielders are excellent. This season if we score, we almost never seem to concede, never mind go on to lose.

Aye we've got an exceptional core support, always one of the highest away followings in England. Makes it quite annoying when people slate Boro attendances when in reality we are propping up other teams figures whilst they bring a couple of hundred and make our attendances look lower (although we still do have one of the highest in the league).

PS your club ruined my Boxing Day.

Very good report ... :)

Saw the beginning of the Sheff Wed game on the telly and it was some start. That is a big one tomorrow.

Archived