Dunfermline v Cowdenbeath

Shandon Par

Haha it's readable dude keep up. fair enough your lot score five but didn't think your mob were tht great the space an time you give was ridiculous an like a said at 2-1 we were still very much in the game. after the pen was game over better keep the wee lad upfront fit cause Moffat an whoever else wont do the job for you..

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course nish will be under pressure not saying he will get sacked but defo under pressure 3 defeats on the bounce an a doing from your local rivals course he will an he got his tactics wrong today a the start also left us far to lightweight in midfield had to bring Kane on give us abit of dig in there..

The good news is that Andrews will have to serve a suspension. The bad news is that it isn't for the whole season. Berwick fans warned us but he is terrible - the first three goals were his fault. The first was hit straight at him and his positioning was awful for the second. For the third, he was sold out by his centre backs but you can't start coming then stop or yes, you'll be out of position. Sneddon's distribution looked good when he came on - another weakness of Andrews.

Lewis Milne looks like he could be an asset this season - had some nice touches (including the rabona) and always made himself available. Declan Hughes took his goal well but was lucky not to get booked, he was charging about taking everyone's legs in the first half. I feel bad for Orritt but it's good to see Nish isn't scared to make changes if things aren't going right. Chris Kane came on and was exactly what we needed - had a decent, tidy first half.

We were poor today but Dunfermline look a good team and it's hard to see past them for the league - lots of pace and options (something most teams don't have). It's hard to see Falkingham getting back into the midfield at the moment. El Bahktaoui's second was a great goal.

Midfield non existent to start with, and our centre backs were standing off allowing the Pars forwards time to turn around our penalty area . We were lucky to go in level at half time. Nish, to his credit, acted during the opening spell by bringing on Kane to add some bite in the middle. Unfortunately, for me he got it wrong by not subbing Hughes instead of our winger. Declan did get our goal, but was at fault in the build up to the first two goals.Still think there is a player in there but along with a few others a bit soft in the tackle and surrendered possession too easily. Third goal was comical from us as it came from us passing up the opportunity to have a dig at goal. Cradle was pish though, and never threatened like I thought he would. The rest of the home side were well good enough for league one, and should win the league easily.

Absolutely pumped :lol:

Pars for the Champions League, Cowden to the Lowland.

Enjoy your glory mate. One thing that does not change however is the fact the so called big team is in the third tier of Scottish football and I think we had a small part to play in that. Champions league :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::blink::blink::wacko:

Absolutely pumped :lol:

Pars for the Champions League, Cowden to the Lowland.

That depends on Brora wanting to play in the shitfest that is the SPFL. They're better stayin where they are.

Imagine having to travel from Brora to Annan / Berwick every second week.

Quite rightly, No thanks.

A scenario that has already been mentioned for 2016/17 season tho.

Good performance, tho room for improvement, particularly with decision making at the back, thankfully we weren't punished and even if we were i think we would still have won.

Everyone played their part but MoM has to be faissal, his 2nd was an absolute delight.

Salmond was poor, should have been booking cowden players more often and how he didn't give a free kick in the first half when faissal was hacked from behind is bemusing. Bad decisions wern't just against us tho, i think cowden have a csse to appeal the sending off as it looked like wallace was heading wide, wether they want him available is a different matter, poor throughout just like the rest of his teammates.

Moffat played well today, the movement between him and Faiss was genuinely fantastic.

My biggest surprise was seing how well Byrne and Geggan played, they absolutely strolled that game, completely dominated the midfield even when Nish put another midfielder in.

What number was said? I've heard 3,4 and now 5.

For what it's worth someone privy to this information would need to know the wage budget of all those in the division, I can't imagine him being aware of even one. How loose would a member of the boards lips be to start giving out detailed budget details to a Journo?

I'd hope we would have a bigger budget though, we will have an average attendance well over double that of the nearest competitor and with the lifeline I'd imagine our playing budget would least be double that of Ayr.

My biggest surprise was seing how well Byrne and Geggan played, they absolutely strolled that game, completely dominated the midfield even when Nish put another midfielder in.

The big difference is that they're actually in midfield, rather than doing whatever it was JJ and Potter had them doing. Byrne is a classy player and Geggan is decent if he's not being asked to cover midfield, right back and right wing at the same time.

Archived