Other Leagues 15/16

Kris.

Has anyone attended an Ajax match before? I'm in Amsterdam next week and fancied catching their CL qualifier against Liege. There seems to be plenty ways to buy tickets online for their league matches, but their official site (using Google Translate) suggests you need a member card for European games. Anyone know if there might be another way to buy?

Has anyone attended an Ajax match before? I'm in Amsterdam next week and fancied catching their CL qualifier against Liege. There seems to be plenty ways to buy tickets online for their league matches, but their official site (using Google Translate) suggests you need a member card for European games. Anyone know if there might be another way to buy?
I have but the missus got me a ticket through Viagogo. She didn't pay too much over the odds and it was a print at home ticket. Very easy. Sorry that's not very helpful. It's a nice ground if you do get to see a game there. It's been upgraded recently so it's likely to even more impressive.

21 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

I could imagine this is a game where a large travelling support could attend so it could be pretty tightly policed ticket wise

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 05:56, highlandcowden said:

I could imagine this is a game where a large travelling support could attend so it could be pretty tightly policed ticket wise

Yeah, that's my worry. Think their home match in the previous leg was close to a sell-out too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just back from a few days in Poland.anyone planning it, I highly recommend a site      www.90minut.pl       .seems to tell you about pretty much every game being played in Poland for that season past,future and present, great for finding matches.its in polish but easy to follow and navigate, use it in combination with google maps to find out where the teams come from and(I assume)play-in polish team names the name of the place is usually the second word eg legia WARSAW, slask WROCLAW, gabarnia KRAKOW etc

Didn't happen

Saudi Arabia is the biggest spending league outside Europe's top 5. #Saudi clubs have spent $152 million on new signings over the summer, a 485% increase from the previous year, according to a FIFA report.
The Saudi league increased its foreign quota from 4 to 7 last season and 8 this season. Intrsstingly among its imports theres not any true big name players unlike say China.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 19:40, highlandcowden said:

I'm just back from a few days in Poland.anyone planning it, I highly recommend a site      www.90minut.pl       .seems to tell you about pretty much every game being played in Poland for that season past,future and present, great for finding matches.its in polish but easy to follow and navigate, use it in combination with google maps to find out where the teams come from and(I assume)play-in polish team names the name of the place is usually the second word eg legia WARSAW, slask WROCLAW, gabarnia KRAKOW etc

Big game tomorrow, Legia v Wisla. Winners will be top of the league.  Hopefully good will triumph and Wisla will pump them.

It's tight at the top. Jagiellonia are top, despite having lost 25% of their games so far this season. It's a pretty open league.

Also, on Monday, Cracovia against Gornik Zarbrze, the bottom two in the league. Cracovia are two points behind, so can't afford to lose. It's still tight enough that both sides are close enough to the pack to get into mid-table with a wee run.

Lech Poznan v Kielce is live on Bet365 just now if anyone has an account and fancies watching. 0-0 just now.

Both sides on the fringes of the title race.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

São Paulo have confirmed last night's reports that their player Daniel has died, he was playing on loan at São Bento. Medical reports indicate that he was murdered.

"The official cause of death has not been confirmed. But a detailed report in local newspaper Band B claimed Freitas was the victim of “torture.”

Quoting a municipal guard, the report stated: “From the appearance of the body, it was a very violent situation. The man had two deep cuts on his neck, his head was nearly beheaded, and his genitals were severed.”"

watched a Swedish game,AIK-Malmo for 1st time on eleven last night,thoroughly entertaining-malmo had to win to stay in title race against the champions elect,AIK equalised with a great free kick in the 5th minute of injury time,cue scenes eventually resulting in the scorer getting redcarded for his role in these

16 hours ago, Eednud said:

"The official cause of death has not been confirmed. But a detailed report in local newspaper Band B claimed Freitas was the victim of “torture.”

Quoting a municipal guard, the report stated: “From the appearance of the body, it was a very violent situation. The man had two deep cuts on his neck, his head was nearly beheaded, and his genitals were severed.”"

Just saw this report now, that's fucked

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46076839

Nicklas Bendtner is facing Jail time in Denmark for hitting a taxi driver.  In the article Bendtner is claiming self defence saying

Bendtner said the driver threw a bottle or a can towards him and his girlfriend when they left without paying.

Which leaves one glaring omission, why did a wealthy footballer refuse to pay for a taxi??

Just watched my first ‘intercontinental derby’ Galatasaray Vs Fenerbache and it was excellent viewing. Very attacking football being played by both teams . Finished 2-2, Galatasaray was 2 up at one point but Fenerbache clawed 1 back with a very dodgy VAR decision then a very good finish from outside the box to level the match up 5 minutes later. Just finished with ugly scenes after the FT whistle with kicks and punches being  produced by both sets of teams with one Fenerbache player running around the pitch trying to escape high flying kicks and punches from Galatasaray players. 

• 1 month later...