Ayr v Rangers

Might as well start this thread now. Should be a great atmosphere under the floodlights at Somerset and with it not being on Alba I would expect Somerset to be quite packed. No doubts that Rangers are heavy favourites for this and rightly so, they have been impressive and looks like things are finally turning for them. For us, we have had a very good start to the season and looking very solid at the back. A couple of games before this one so will be important for both teams to win those games and get the confidence high.

Reckon it will be a tight one and I pray that Ayr can sneak a result but unfortunately my head tells me of a Rangers win.

3-1 Rangers.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One and only time I've ever been to Somerset was in the League Cup in 98.

Got in early, found a perfect spot on the terracing, stood patiently as the ground began filling up, suddenly felt an urgent need for a pish, moved away to go to the toilet and then ended up right at the back of the stand unable to see a f#cking thing for the majority of the game.

Anyway, decent wee tie.

This'll be the 2nd time these teams have met this season after the friendly at Auchenhowie a few weeks back. I saw the highlights of that game on Rangers TV and Ayr didn't cause Rangers too many problems. It was a fairly comfortable 2-0 going on 10-0 victory.

Hopefully more the same in this match.

1-4

Should be a routine victory for the away side but in the immortal words of Jimmy Greaves, "it's a funny old game". As supershug says things are turning for Rangers and we haven't beaten them for probably 40 odd years so we need to do it soon before they get stronger still.

2-1 Ayr :-)

Anyone know wether the Gers fans are getting the North Terrace? Tickets go on sale tomorrow

Assuming they will be, was not mentioned in the ticket sales news and I'm sure the Somerset beaks will be wanting to keep that quiet.

However, best way of making money so doesn't bother me, but will annoy the North Terrace regulars.

Assuming they will be, was not mentioned in the ticket sales news and I'm sure the Somerset beaks will be wanting to keep that quiet.

However, best way of making money so doesn't bother me, but will annoy the North Terrace regulars.

Rangers confirmed to have the full North Terrace

Rangers confirmed to have the full North Terrace

I was confirming that it had been confirmed. But good observational skills

Rangers in the North Terrace has the potential for a cracking half time show. Every fan should take a loaf of Warburtons bread and feed the gulls in the general direction at half time.

Give it 5 minutes and they'd be caked on shite!

Archived