Cumnock Chronicle

ernieradburn

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a Chronicle aficionado I am surprised Ernie missed the pre-Ardagh quote from the Cumnock manager on the back page of the 5th of August edition as follows:

"A lot of people still regard the Ardagh League Cup as a pre-season competition, but we are looking at it as putting down a good marker for the season ahead."

As they say a week is a long time in politics, obviously it can also be a long time in football. Taxi for Mr McKeown!

Being a Chronicle aficionado I am surprised Ernie missed the pre-Ardagh quote from the Cumnock manager on the back page of the 5th of August edition as follows:

"A lot of people still regard the Ardagh League Cup as a pre-season competition, but we are looking at it as putting down a good marker for the season ahead."

As they say a week is a long time in politics, obviously it can also be a long time in football. Taxi for Mr McKeown!

Your have an appropriate username!

Yes my friend, Ernie is a Chronicle aficionando, the edition you mentioned was one I missed through me participating in one of Auchinlecks greatest claims to fame, I was at work on the backshift, the same as others from our community, we contribute to the country with our commitment to work.

Anyway, good post and adds kudo's to what I already mentioned. They truly are a laugh a minute :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update : Cumnock Chronicle 26/08/15. Full back page with bold font headline New beginning for Cumnock Juniors, the article then gives manager John McKeown's update on his squad. Quote ( Defensively we look very good at the moment), quote 2 ( We are happy with the way we are playing at the minute). Don't think this guy will get many coupons up.

Update : Cumnock Chronicle 26/08/15. Full back page with bold font headline New beginning for Cumnock Juniors, the article then gives manager John McKeown's update on his squad. Quote ( Defensively we look very good at the moment), quote 2 ( We are happy with the way we are playing at the minute). Don't think this guy will get many coupons up.

You ain't half got it in for McKeown

How Cumnock are quoted as favourites to win the League is beyond belief . Not any better than they were last season .

Disagree here, Cumnock have spent big. There are some high profile players within the squad, especially for the division they are in.

You ain't half got it in for McKeown

I aint got nothing in for the guy, good luck to him, just having another good wee chuckle about how our neebors are doing. And btw, can you answer the post on other thread about quality players ?

I aint got nothing in for the guy, good luck to him, just having another good wee chuckle about how our neebors are doing. And btw, can you answer the post on other thread about quality players ?

Has it not been answered????? We all know who you are. Sad, pathetic man

You have got it in for him. Guys like you should just stay away.

If your neighbours are so bad why not talk the so called "joke" up. I know you

Has it not been answered????? We all know who you are. Sad, pathetic man

You have got it in for him. Guys like you should just stay away.

If your neighbours are so bad why not talk the so called "joke" up. I know you

No its no been answered boyo, and i dont give a f**k if you know who I am, but sad pathetic man I aint, and if you knew me as you say you do, I dont think you would come out with that pish. You are a number 1 nungy, explain how you held up the Cumnock manager in one post then replied to my post saying you were out for him, a fuckin first class diddy. And if you know who I am send me a pm and say who you think I am.

see you wrote your last post at 00-41 going by the language obviosly drunk.your hatred fur cumnock never fails to amaze me.but as you are a well known clown about auchinleck i shouldn't be to surprised.get a grip ronnie every body is laughing at you.

Interesting to read in the Sunday mail that scott mcculough has joined the coachin team at Townhead!?

It's no secret scott and his old man stick the knives into the current management team behind their backs so for him to join forces would be a surprise to many.

I hope John and his team are given time for their team to settle because I have seen some promising signs, however I do hope they keep the mccullochs at arms length.

Archived