Aberdeen v Dundee

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me who thinks kevin holt isnt good enough? Hayes got past him like he wasnt even there and st johnstones only joy last week was down his side and taking him on.

On the game, think dundee should of kept the same game plan as 1st half. Boring to watch but nobody would of complained as we walked out with a point

Frustrating 65-odd minutes but result was never in doubt when we scored.

Thought Considine was outstanding today and probably should have got motm. Shinnie also coasted through another game - bargain of the year without question.

Delighted with another 3 points - no thanks to the ref who had an absolute mare.

Not getting the Holt hate.

He's adapting to a higher standard and doing not too bad.

He has had a tough 2 weeks against o'halloran and Hayes/McGinn but these guys are as good as he will face (Celtic aside)

Remember how inept Paul McGinn looked at times last season and even greg Stewart struggled initially.

Give him a round of fixtures to adapt and I think we'll see improvement. He has shown he can get forward well and has a good delivery. Also another big lad which we sorely need.

£50 on Hartley to be binned first? As the Derry massive would say - minter!

Pleasing win today against an understandably more negative than normal Dundee team. Bar the first 15 of the second half, I felt we had control of the game and our patien approach was rewarded. While Dundee were more defensive than last season (due to injuries), we played in a manner far better than in any of our games then. We retained possession, tried not to punt the ball away needlessly and defensively looked far more sound.

Whilst Hayes didn't have his finest afternoon, it was magic that he shut the absolute plug standing next to me up with his cross for the goal, after said plug screaming for McInnes to hook Hayes. Prime example of why not to sub Hayes till late - playing poorly by his standards and still produces a game defining piece of quality.

Interesting change of approach from Del also to put Hayes on Harkins for long spells today, to snuff out the threat Harkins poses. Whilst it reduced Hayes effectiveness, it also greatly reduced Harkins.

Superb for Rooney to get both goals, he and Goodwillie both again had fine afternoons.

All the best to Dundee for the rest of the season, bar against us, hopefully you clean out the DABs and finish comfortably above them.

Archived