Aberdeen v Dundee

It's refreshing to see someone say Dundee's attack is based on pace! :lol:

Is it not? Pace and nice interplay, much like the goal scored by Stewart at Pittodrie last season. With the addition of Hemmings running in behind and Loy holding it up you can only be better than last season.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it not? Pace and nice interplay, much like the goal scored by Stewart at Pittodrie last season. With the addition of Hemmings running in behind and Loy holding it up you can only be better than last season.

The individuals aren't particularly fast, but Dundee do play at a fast pace when their game is working; good movement and quick passing. Stewart is deceptive. He's not very fast, but he controls the ball quickly and is comfortable taking off and running with the ball under close control, so that can catch defenders napping.

The individuals aren't particularly fast, but Dundee do play at a fast pace when their game is working; good movement and quick passing. Stewart is deceptive. He's not very fast, but he controls the ball quickly and is comfortable taking off and running with the ball under close control, so that can catch defenders napping.

Not pace but quickness. Takes more brainpower and skill but if you can do it well it works a treat. Still think that defensively we're solid enough to be able to deal with it though.

Another thing is Bain always seems very fired up v us since we let him go. Points to prove etc, and he's a great goalie. Need McGinn, Rooney, McLean etc to be on good form when finishing.

Not pace but quickness. Takes more brainpower and skill but if you can do it well it works a treat. Still think that defensively we're solid enough to be able to deal with it though.

Another thing is Bain always seems very fired up v us since we let him go. Points to prove etc, and he's a great goalie. Need McGinn, Rooney, McLean etc to be on good form when finishing.

We do look tighter at the back this season but I'm not overly confident we are strong enough there to not concede to Dundee.

Looking forward to next Saturday - Last season's game at Pittodrie was a cracker - in fact all of the games between the teams were entertaining.

Always a decent trip, I'll have mates in the home end from my years living in Aberdeenshire.

I like the Dons, McInnes has done a top job there and they've got an excellent squad

Is Shinnie not better as a wing back? Have seen that he's played a few games in midfield for Aberdeen. Always thought he was at his best bombing up and down from left back. Would go as far as saying he's the best left back in Scotland at the moment, would seem daft not to play him there!

10-0 Dundee.

Between now and the match, Dundee will buy the whole Hearts champion-elect team and play them against the famous.

Elixir becomes that inflamed about losing all the Hearts players, that he becomes a Hibby.

True story.

10-0 Dundee.

Between now and the match, Dundee will buy the whole Hearts champion-elect team and play them against the famous.

Elixir becomes that inflamed about losing all the Hearts players, that he becomes a Hibby.

True story.

McNamara then gets awarded the keys to the City of Discovery.

All that has to happen next is Jocky Scott flying in with a jet pack and we have all the harbingers to the super Dundonian nightmare.

I mean, you're not doing a Dunfermline. You're having to work hard for your wins.

As I'm sure you knew :)

We didn't hit top gear in any of the games played yet and saw them all out with a win comfortably.

I'm very happy with our start.

Tough game. Aberdeen have improved since last season. Their main weaknesses were their keeper and their left back and both positions seem to have been filled well.

Would take a draw. Goodwillie guaranteed a goal.

Should be a great atmosphere as well.

Imagine Dundee will all but sell out their end and we should be out in numbers as well.

I have a cunting wedding so I'll miss it.

Archived