Clyde Vs East Stirlingshire

Cuppla points.

Fergie (manager) is on Fergie (player)'s case quite a bit, constantly shouting at him where he should be positioned during the game.

It looks to me like the manager is trying to change the player's natural game, which is why he looks nowhere near as effective as he did 2 seasons ago.

When SF was subbed BF spent cuppla minutes with his arm around him pointing out mistakes (all over the pitch he was pointing at) where he seemed to think SF hadn't done what he should have.

Maybe it will make him a better player in the long run. Personally I doubt it. He's no longer the exciting player he was before BF became manager.

Re the argument with a fan. I was sitting right between the 2 of them.

We pulled everybody back at a corner, and as soon as we won the ball it was just hoofed up the park. With nobody up there it just came straight back in again.

They immediately got another corner and the guy shouted at BF to leave somebody up front to prevent the same thing happening again. (I totally agree with him. Duffy used to do it too. I can't understand why you wouldn't leave at least 1 player up front as an out-ball if/when it is cleared).

BF then went in a total strop and told the guy where to go, told him not to come back if he couldn't support the team.

The guy said he paid his money and was entitled to his opinion, at which point BF told him to F-off we didn't need his money.

Neither of them handled the situation well.

Only at Clyde could you have the manager arguing with a fan when 3-1 up with a cuppla minutes to go :rolleyes: .

I miss the Fergie tricks and flicks. First flair clyde player since carrigan and nevin-Im told

He needs that in his game but not at every turn. Hopefully BF will pass on as oppose to keeping it boring and simple like sat

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny because one of the excuses for daly not scoring goals was poor delivery into the box

ah what for a return of Duffy's gallatico's that took us to the giddy heights of 4th in division 2

Mccolms deliveries most of the time were top drawer. Wasnt it scullion (who was still trying to get into box) or lack of height in stefan and watt maybe the reason i think.

Mccolm type crossing to current forwards would give us goals no doubt....

think the team is starting to shape up looking at the highlights didn't realise how many chances we created some smashing saves by the goalkeeper and two cleared off the line

wee fergie is a terrific player my feelings are he has probably been with us one season to many really needs full time football to flourish

everything isn't BF fault

I miss the Fergie tricks and flicks. First flair clyde player since carrigan and nevin-Im told

He needs that in his game but not at every turn. Hopefully BF will pass on as oppose to keeping it boring and simple like sat

might just be that BF is trying to make him a better player as most skill-full play for the team these days in positioning and work rate along with flare just a thoight

Mccolms deliveries most of the time were top drawer. Wasnt it scullion (who was still trying to get into box) or lack of height in stefan and watt maybe the reason i think.

Mccolm type crossing to current forwards would give us goals no doubt....

all about opinions he is a bit of a marmite player my opinion not the worst but certainly wouldn't rush brining him back

interesting not a regular first choice at Annan and I think he hasn't completed a full game (don't know if he is injured or not )

still think we have the best squad in years

onwards and upwards

• 3 weeks later...

Only one deluded is you David w. I certainly remember Jon tully missing two sitters. If only they had fell to a striker instead of a centre half. I read your entire post. It was derogatory and in my opinion without foundation. I've been to three out of our four games, and have seen nothing to suggest we'll be bottom of the league.

How is that working out for you?

Archived