Who do you think will win the Scottish Junior Cup?

Dalry Maddie 1690

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fond of the Peasy as city rivals but as sadly as said above their support is almost non existent nowadays-don't think the new soulless ground helps and perhaps it's just a sign of a city area where many have left after demolitions and the small ageing population remains.What is remarkable is that Peasy still manage to put together and pay for good squads of players and hats off to the committee for raising the funds to pay for all of that!

The 90s games 1995 were brilliant, good crowds, good atmosphere, few objects were being chucked about that day ha. It was three all that day and went to a replay. Think there young team at the time were called the bushwackers or something ha. We had a decent side that season got promoted to old central premier league.I was only about 15 at the time all the lads i was with were off there nut that day. Lot different to junior football nowadays.

The Dalry team who beat us in 2011 were good very good district side, we were a decent super premier team but didn't apply ourselves on the day and deserved to get beat.

Away from the nostalgia taking the obvious out the equation (Talbot) I would go for someone like Troon as dark horses in the West.Love to see a old central side win it but the odds are against that.

ah the good old days

Talbot are obviously the team to beat, east Coast it's the usual suspects for me in Linlithgow and Boness as for the west region obviously Hurlford will fancy their chances as will Troon and Meadow, I'd chuck a few dark horses in regards Maryhill, Pollok, Penicuik as having seen them recently and saw how they've strengthen over the summer in d say they are capable of beating anyone in one off games.

You could add a few other names to that list but then it gets silly ;)

Fond of the Peasy as city rivals but as sadly as said above their support is almost non existent nowadays-don't think the new soulless ground helps and perhaps it's just a sign of a city area where many have left after demolitions and the small ageing population remains.What is remarkable is that Peasy still manage to put together and pay for good squads of players and hats off to the committee for raising the funds to pay for all of that!

They sure must sell some amount of Peasy lottery tickets outside that Springburn Tesco.

My only worry with Petershill is off the park.

The support seems to have utterly collapsed, not unlike Springburn in general.

Seems to be more punters playing 5 a sides at the stadium than are paying to get in and watch the Peasy.

I can't say what they were like a few years ago but there was a decent away support at Beith on Saturday.

I can't say what they were like a few years ago but there was a decent away support at Beith on Saturday.

I think Petershill are pretty much like most clubs in that the numbers following them aren't as great as they used to be as people do other things now with their time rather than watch junior football on a Saturday.

They brung a bus load down on Saturday though and all the guys got right behind their team .

Remember back when I was a young boy though and do remember Petershill having lots of supporters and probably amongst the best in numbers I'd saw back then and up there with your talbots and Polloks at the time although the other two have probably maintained it a Bit better number wise than peasy though.

Archived