Dumbarton v Rangers

The two rangers goals came from two Dumbarton errors. Rangers seemed to lack creativity. These type of games will only be beneficial for both teams though.

Agreed, but would Dumbarton have made those errors earlier in the game? It's up for debate.

Still, Rangers have had it all their own way so far so it was interesting to see how the players react when things aren't working.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you can't. But it's a good test of us where any sort of result would be spoken about for years.

You played ugly boring winning football! We played ugly boring, losing football! Murray's only won 4 league games with us and Saints in this calendar year. Jack Ross was the real brains behind him in my opinion. Without a proper No.2 he's a still an unproven manager.

The only issue we've got at the moment is our lack of goals from open play. I'm confident however that Brophy will help out in that regard.

Yesterday we gave a far better Rangers team a far tougher game than we gave their shambles last season. And for a club like us, that's all you can ask for.

Re: The Brophy booking and Halliday not booking. They would be for different offences.

I'd have booked Brophy for blocking the quick free kick. It wasn't good sportsmanship, but I remember Chris Turner blasting it off a Cowden players plums and getting him booked so we can't really complain.

The Halliday one should've been a booking for dissent. I remember Stuart Findlay doing a similar thing last season (and for those of you with an even longer memory, Kevin McKinlay did the same for Stenny in 2012 against us and got a second booking!) Wee inconsistencies like that are hugely frustrating.

Maybe I have remembered the incident incorrectly, but wasn't the free kick about to be taken (and eventually taken) about 2-3 yards infield from where the offence originally took place?

Pleased with the win. Hibs were well gubbed by Dumbarton earlier this season so a result against The Sons is to be welcomed.

Only criticism I can make of Dumbarton is their new open air car park of a home ground.

Boghead may have been a dump, but it was a dump of atmosphere and character.

You should have stayed where you were.

Pleased with the win. Hibs were well gubbed by Dumbarton earlier this season so a result against The Sons is to be welcomed.

Only criticism I can make of Dumbarton is their new open air car park of a home ground.

Oh, the irony of it.... :lol:

Maybe if so many of our townspeople didn't need religious bigotry attached to their football we'd have a more opulent abode - maybe you should have stayed where you were.

That's some slope at the corner flag at the away end ? Just seen it on sport scene. Surely that could be flattened out !?

It's been flattened before. I think it's an issue with the River forcing the ground up but I'm not sure.

Who is the Rangers player in the Dumbarton jersey who sets up Miller for the penalty?

How did you get on at the Fringe this year, Gav? Top class japes.

Utter shite. What atmosphere did Boghead have? 500 fans strewn across a crumbling terracing doesn't constitute atmosphere. And does the ground being simply "old" mean it has "character"? What criteria should a stand have that concludes it has "character"?

Boghead was a crumbling shitehole, if we were still there you'd see us receive similar comments that Cowden got last year.

Craig levein is not our manager, I hate this "we parked the bus" crap, yes, rangers had the bulk of possession, as expected, but it was a good game of football, with both teams eager to impress, we definitely had more clear cut chances first half, but after the first goal, our tactics, which were spot on by the way, went out the window, Stevie has to be applauded, on another day we could have been a few up at half time.

It's been flattened before. I think it's an issue with the River forcing the ground up but I'm not sure.

How did you get on at the Fringe this year, Gav? Top class japes.

Utter shite. What atmosphere did Boghead have? 500 fans strewn across a crumbling terracing doesn't constitute atmosphere. And does the ground being simply "old" mean it has "character"? What criteria should a stand have that concludes it has "character"?

Boghead was a crumbling shitehole, if we were still there you'd see us receive similar comments that Cowden got last year.

Depends what age you are. Boghead had a great atmosphere before Neil Rankine decided to stop maintaining it

Craig levein is not our manager, I hate this "we parked the bus" crap, yes, rangers had the bulk of possession, as expected, but it was a good game of football, with both teams eager to impress, we definitely had more clear cut chances first half, but after the first goal, our tactics, which were spot on by the way, went out the window, Stevie has to be applauded, on another day we could have been a few up at half time.

It was our toughest game of the season along with hibs at ibrox , Dumbarton put in a very decent performance and particularly first half a good solid defence caused us issues in keeping our usual flow , could not have complained had yous achieved a draw in the game and last season probably would have . Pleased with the win , and again is evidence that the team have it in their ability to win ugly aswell . As I said , we would have lost points in that game last year

After seeing better highlights from the stand side, It looks like buchanan pulls out of heading waghorns shot, which means brown probably seen it late.

Also good seeing highlights that actually give a fair reflection on the game rather than one sided highlights that you would see elsewhere.

Depends what age you are. Boghead had a great atmosphere before Neil Rankine decided to stop maintaining it

Was bouncing when I was there in 1972.

Saints beat the Sons 2-1 in front of 9000 at Boghead.

Fantastic atmosphere.

Was bouncing when I was there in 1972.

Saints beat the Sons 2-1 in front of 9000 at Boghead.

Fantastic atmosphere.

The days of Dumbarton getting 9000 fans are over. Hell, I'd be delighted if we got 2000 Sons fans on a regular basis.

Scottish football doesnt sell itself well enough. For a large number of people it's either the old firm or it's experiencing football via the television - the spectacle of the sport as a live event to be experienced is an alien concept.

Thats for a different thread though - how to you get people back to their local team?

Archived