Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Needs to do well this week, and in Cincy, or there is a very real possibility he will be 5th seed for the US Open. He has about 1000 more points to defend than Soderling, who didn't enter Montreal last year and went out early in Cincy, and they are seeded to meet each other in the QF's. Make or break for Muzza.

Murray seemed to lose his way at the end of the first set - Monfils broke him and nearly again but he managed to close it out. The second set was a total write off - Murray looked off the pace both physically and mentally. The third set was more like the Murray we know. He needs to sort his head out if he wants to win in New York in a couple of weeks.

Agree about Nalbandian, the chubby will mutilate Murray if he plays anywhere near as bad as he did in the second set.

Anyone watching this? This is honestly as good as I've ever seen Murray play. This is like his form early last year. He's running Nadal(the very worthy Number One player in the world currently) around, matching him for spin and pace.

It's a tremendous match to watch, just brilliant!

Anyone watching this? This is honestly as good as I've ever seen Murray play. This is like his form early last year. He's running Nadal(the very worthy Number One player in the world currently) around, matching him for spin and pace.

It's a tremendous match to watch, just brilliant!

I agree with every word. I know that once I say this he will fall apart as soon as these adverts end but he is playing fantastic. It's not even like Nadal is playing bad as I think he too has been good.

I agree with every word. I know that once I say this he will fall apart as soon as these adverts end but he is playing fantastic. It's not even like Nadal is playing bad as I think he too has been good.

Nadal's first serve was poor in the first set, and that let Murray in, but other than that he's matched the world no. 1 shot for shot.

If he holds his serve three times he's got him beaten. Nadal looks irked, and no surprise. Murray is slap bang in the zone currently.

Nadal's first serve was poor in the first set, and that let Murray in, but other than that he's matched the world no. 1 shot for shot.

If he holds his serve three times he's got him beaten. Nadal looks irked, and no surprise. Murray is slap bang in the zone currently.

is he being more aggressive would you say than he has been previously? iirc he was passive under miles coaching.

is he being more aggressive would you say than he has been previously? iirc he was passive under miles coaching.

Absolutely. Blasting it back at Nadal, with pace and accuracy. I don't think it's to do with coaching, my theory is that Murray is naturally more passive against lesser players and needs the big guns to get him going.

Nadal just broke back, 3-3, second set. Great match.

Out of interest when is the final to be played?

Tomorrow.