Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Some of his touches the past few games have been brilliant. He's also winning the point with most of the drop shots he attempts.

When will he be playing next? I have the feeling I'll probably miss it en route to Dumfries.

Edited by The Arch

You get the feeling Muzza was playing a little within himself there, still plenty more to come I feel. Melzer should be tough but he'll win. I really hope he can go all the way but I've got a sneaky feeling Rafa will do him in the semi.

That shouldn't really bother you. BBC? Fehhh. Take yer London broadcasting and stick it up yer ......... :P

:lol:

You get the feeling Muzza was playing a little within himself there, still plenty more to come I feel.

Its sensible play, no point in overexerting himself in the early rounds. Its enough to give him match practice, but not enough to tire him out...should keep him fresh for when he has to meet a tough opponent.

Hardly a classic game and if his opponent had better accuracy on potential winners then it could have been a lot tougher for Murray. It was routine in the sense of the scoreline, but he had to work hard for just about every single game.

Of course he was playing well within himself and done exactly what was needed so onwards and upwards.

The BBC commentators are away in dreamland some of the time. The way they talk about Murray is as if he is a multi grand slam winner when he isn't. I hope Murray wins it but the way they talk is as if all he has to do is turn up and its his. I think if he does eventually face-up to Federer, Rafa or Djokovic they will beat him, hope not but I have that feeling.

The BBC commentators are away in dreamland some of the time. The way they talk about Murray is as if he is a multi grand slam winner when he isn't. I hope Murray wins it but the way they talk is as if all he has to do is turn up and its his. I think if he does eventually face-up to Federer, Rafa or Djokovic they will beat him, hope not but I have that feeling.

The thing i hated was that they had him winning the match comfortably from the first set onwards, it really annoyed me, espescially when they'd say " he's ran out of ideas now, he's tried plan A, B and C " then Murrays opponent would end up coming back to win the game.

all this went on from at least 2-0 up in the second set. I doubt it would be the same if it was a Scottish commentator...he'd be waiting for Murray to mess up any second, whereas english commentators have him winning the match when he's not even close. They already have him saving himself for the final with todays performance.

I think if he does eventually face-up to Federer, Rafa or Djokovic they will beat him, hope not but I have that feeling.

The last 8 times Murray has faced the top three he's won - 4 against Fed and 2 each against Nadal and Nole. Not sure why people don't have more confidence in him beating them again.

I doubt all the media pish talk will affect Murray at all. But it does seem to be ruffling Federer and Djokovic if some of their reported words are true.

Murray is now as good as any of them and if it's his day he will beat them. It's all down to what happens on the day now with Murray against the top guys. He is up there with them now and he knows it. I doubt he fears any of them. And there's no real need to. He needs to win a slam now to show that he is on that level though. Whether it's in Australia or elsewhere remains to be seen. And it also remains to be seen whether he is a choker on the big stage. He might end up some sort of Greg Norman type for all we know.